FC-12 freeze

moregear

Inspired
My FC-12 has now frozen in the middle of a gig twice. Unplugged the cable and all went back to normal but this can't continue. Currently using firmware 3.x on Axe III...

My FC-12 has now frozen in the middle of a gig twice. Unplugged the cable and all went back to normal but this can't continue. Currently using firmware 3.x on Axe III...
Axe-Fx III firmware version 4.03 fixes an issue that would cause FC communications to cease after some length of run time. This problem is exacerbated by daisy chaining and/or heavy pedal use.

I'm not ready to update given drive pedal changes. However, because of this I may have to. Can you revert to earlier firmware if my preset sound changes are too drastic? (No time to retweak before next show).

I'm not ready to update given drive pedal changes. However, because of this I may have to. Can you revert to earlier firmware if my preset sound changes are too drastic? (No time to retweak before next show).
Sorry this collided with the drive changes. Yes, you can always revert. Make sure to backup your presets and "System + Global Blocks + FC" before upgrading. If you revert you will need to restore from this backup.

I used my FC-6 first time at a gig last week.
It froze after running for several hours a couple of times.
I was running an older FW (3.xx)
I am now on 5.7 - should I expect the new FW to have resolved the issue?
Can you recreate the scenario under which it froze? That's the fastest way to get to yes here.

I had my FC12 freeze up on me in the middle of a gig last night. This happened once before, but this time was a little strange.

The first time the FC froze (I don't recall the Axe or FC firmware version, it was about a month or so ago), I unplugged and plugged the FASlink XLR at the FC, the FC rebooted and was fine. I chalked it up to a bad cable. Last night, I was about an hour and a half into the set, and the FC froze. I unplugged and plugged the FASlink XLR at the FC. The FC rebooted, but stuck on the boot screen where it shows the FW version and all the LED's are white with "---" in the scribble strips. Luckily, it was the last song of the set, so I limped through with the patch I was on. I rebooted the Axe 3 during the break, and everything was fine from there. The Axe is on FW 5.08, the FC12 is on FW1.06. I doubt there were any power issues, because the FC was the only thing that hiccuped...The Axe was fine and there were other things plugged into the same Furman PL Plus C that didn't hiccup. I had a digital mixer plugged into a UPS on the same circuit, and that UPS did not register any events. I did not have the Axe rack on a UPS. I have about 20 gigs on the Axe 3 with the FC and those were the only two issues. I'm still leaning towards a bad XLR cable for the first hiccup. No complaints....These things happen when you're dealing with computers. I just thought I'd throw my experience into the mix in case the info helps diagnose any potential bugs.

I had the same problem with my FC6, the Upper 3 switches are Freezing, I'm on 6.00 beta and 1.06 on the FC,
it happen most of the time when I'm using the Looper

I’ve been super excited to get mine...actually my invite should come this week according to the wait list. But after reading this post and a few similar ones here, I just might stick with my trusty FC 1010.

I’ve been super excited to get mine...actually my invite should come this week according to the wait list. But after reading this post and a few similar ones here, I just might stick with my trusty FC 1010.
For every one post like this there's hundreds of silent users happily using FCs without issue. My FC6 has been rock solid for many, many months now. Unsubstantiated FUD.

Thanks and you are correct. Got my invite this morning and order is placed...super stoked to get it and integrate the FC with my 3!!

You won't be contemplating using your 1010 again after you see what the FC12 does. :D
I bet you are 100% correct! Finally feel like i have the missing piece of the puzzle finally arriving! I loved the mfc with my axe 2...the fc looks even more intriguing!

For every one post like this there's hundreds of silent users happily using FCs without issue. My FC6 has been rock solid for many, many months now. Unsubstantiated FUD.
You're right that there are far more people who are not having problems compared to those who are, but I don't think calling reports of the issue unsubstantiated is accurate. My FC-6 froze during a gig last Friday night (running FC firmware 1.06). A quick reboot of the FC fixed it. I suspect it had something the drunk dancer who may have disturbed my FASlink cable when he tripped over a monitor and came very close to knocking a PA speaker stand over. Nonetheless, a few people are indeed experiencing FC freezes, and discussions like this (which include the resolution) are helpful, not FUD.

Back
Top Bottom