FC-12 Feature Requests and Discussion

Setlists are certainly more practical and will help far more performers so if I could choose I would go there.

That was a feature request I was waiting on making and then I heard it had already been requested. That was one of the requests I'm losing hope on as time passes.

From my point of view it's like being caught between a rock and a hard place. On one hand, we're told that the request has been made and you don't want to keep driving the point because it annoys people, and on the other hand the solution is also to keep annoying them so they don't forget. o_O
i think bumping an existing wish thread after a year isn't annoying. every day may be. and doing that shouldn't feel like pulling teeth, you're just asking for an update in a thread that already exists.

we're on Firmware 1.12, when i think it started at 1.00. that's at least 12 updates of other things that were improved/fixed which may have been deemed more necessary than the things mentioned in this thread. so it's being updated. if it's not happening as fast as you may want, well there's not much to do about that most likely. but it's happening. it's being worked on over time.

so it's being updated. if it's not happening as fast as you may want, well there's not much to do about that most likely. but it's happening. it's being worked on over time.
I completely understand. I also understand the reality of the situation which is it is becoming very unlikely that there will be fixes for the FC-12 before something better or newer comes along. I also feel we could have contributed with some ideas that would have helped everyone and future products, but we never did because of the obvious inactivity with the FC-12.

I also feel we could have contributed with some ideas that would have helped everyone and future products, but we never did because of the obvious inactivity with the FC-12.
IIRC most of what has been updated in the FCs since they launched has come from the community giving feedback on them. Your perception here seems misaligned with reality.

I understand your desire to have the FC functionality enhanced, but your conjecture and hyperbole in your posts here is a bit much, don't you think?

Last edited:
it is becoming very unlikely that there will be fixes for the FC-12 before something better or newer comes along. I also feel we could have contributed with some ideas that would have helped everyone and future products, but we never did because of the obvious inactivity with the FC-12.
you're kinda creating those situations as reality yourself with these statements.

the FCs will continue to be improved as much as possible over time. i don't know who "we" is in the 2nd part.

it seems like the rate of updates is the main concern here, alluded to in a passive-aggressive manner that makes it seem more dire than it really is.

Don't worry about that one. There was a forum member who claimed something wasn't right with a certain amp model, and was quite vocal about it, and received a fair amount of "just do this" responses. He didn't relent, and it was dealt with. If memory serves, I believe he was right.
On the other hand, there was a forum member who kept insisting that a certain drive pedal needed to be modeled and...?

i don't know who "we" is in the 2nd part.
I meant everyone who had great ideas and could see the potential who isn't submitting requests because the FC-12 firmware updates have slowed.
it seems like the rate of updates is the main concern here, alluded to in a passive-aggressive manner that makes it seem more dire than it really is.
I do apologize if I'm being passive-aggressive. I'm not even aware that I'm doing it. I just trying to be honest about the situation which led me to my recommendation/suggestion in the first post to make everyone happy.

For me, having just a FC and having to switch to some far away preset, will make you suddenly think it is dire, and then be reminded of the current pace of FC updates. Having to reboot the Axe FX live is certainly dire.

I meant everyone who had great ideas and could see the potential who isn't submitting requests because the FC-12 firmware updates have slowed.
how do you know this is happening?
I do apologize if I'm being passive-aggressive. I'm not even aware that I'm doing it. I just trying to be honest about the situation which led me to my recommendation/suggestion in the first post to make everyone happy.

For me, having just a FC and having to switch to some far away preset, will make you suddenly think it is dire, and then be reminded of the current pace of FC updates. Having to reboot the Axe FX live is certainly dire.
we understand your requests for the FC. others share the requests. the development team is aware of the requests and will try to implement the features when they can.

personally i wouldn't be changing Bank Size during a gig. i can't see a reason to do that. if it additionally required me to reboot the axe during the gig, i just would choose to not do that.

have you customized your FC switches? why do you need to change bank size at all?

how do you know this is happening?
Why would anyone make wish list or feature requests when the bugs aren't being addressed?
personally i wouldn't be changing Bank Size during a gig.
I agree with you. The last thing I want to do is change a Bank Size, but when one of the easy to reach modes (only a tap away) doesn't work correctly because you have to change a Bank Size first, well, you actually consider your options.

There shouldn't even be a Global Bank Size. This stuff is just not even being discussed anymore. That's how old it is.

Why would anyone make wish list or feature requests when the bugs aren't being addressed?

I agree with you. The last thing I want to do is change a Bank Size, but when one of the easy to reach modes (only a tap away) doesn't work correctly because you have to change a Bank Size first, well, you actually consider your options.

There shouldn't even be a Global Bank Size. This stuff is just not even being discussed anymore. That's how old it is.
again, those aren't bugs. they just aren't.

you can easily change the "easy to reach mode" you're referring to to accommodate a bank size that can be shared among the different layouts. if you're referring to Preset Layout 1 being Bank Size 10, and the suggested starting-point Perform Layout benefitting from a different bank size, you can adjust either one to work with one bank size for now. or just use one and not the other.

the Layouts provided are not the best ways to do everything for everyone. they are starting points and examples.

if the problem is that Bank Size isn't available per Layout, then let's please just call it that. that's not a bug. bump a thread called "Bank Size per FC Layout" and get more attention to it, showing how important it is to the user base.

that's it from me about this topic.

People often overestimate the size of Fractal's engineering corps.
I don't think I am. I know Chris and others are trying to make this about a specific issue that needs fixing, but this post wasn't about that.

I'll say time and again that it is exactly because we only have a limited amount of genius Fractal engineers that we need to be honest with ourselves about where the FC development is going, as it has been for some time.

I still think those engineers should focus on what they are focusing on, but perhaps the community can help before the entire FC product gets scrapped. I certainly am just being honest with myself and want to think there is hope for my FC-12.

If you really feel the FC is getting relegated to the sidelines, then maybe your best bet it to buy an RJM. Only you can decide if it's worth the extra money.
And I know, you shouldn't have to do that..., But it would solve your immediate problem (as I understand those units can do anything.)

Agreed, these improvements would be great. But they are not bugs, and not “bugs being ignored.”

For the “hold to change banks quicker” improvement, how would it work if you had Bank Up on the tap function, and something else on the Hold function?

Yup. Great idea. Exactly like on the mfc-101 with the axe fx.

Agreed, these improvements would be great. But they are not bugs, and not “bugs being ignored.”

For the “hold to change banks quicker” improvement, how would it work if you had Bank Up on the tap function, and something else on the Hold function?
Maybe I missed it, but I haven't heard an answer to how hold-to-scroll would work if you also had a hold function on the same switch. Or would the hold function just be to scroll up or down by bank size?

I 100% agree that this is a valid feature request. I don't need it personally, but I guess the op REALLY does.

I do NOT agree that the lack of this feature is a bug, and calling it one just riles up the discussion in an unconstructive way.

I also don't get why the need to jump a million presets away in a performance context comes up very often.

Personally, I'd be ecstatic if a single switch press could change the bypass state or channel of multiple blocks at once. I would use that literally every day. That's far and away my #1 wish for the FCs.

Back
Top Bottom