FC-12 + FC-6 - A Rig For Live Improv

Twister

First I got a FC-6, because it seemed like my number would never come up on the FC-12 waitlist.

But my number did come and I got the FC-12. Put the FC-6 aside with the thought that I could use it for tight stage setups or maybe sell it.

I had the FC-12 set up to toggle specific effects blocks, with the hold function used to advance through channels on each effect so I could choose sounds. This turned out to be pretty cumbersome when you're on stage and you know the sound you want but it takes time to get to the right channel for it.

So I pulled out the FC-6 again and came up with a strategy. Any time you select an effect on the FC-12 it pulls up a layout on the FC-6 that gives you up/down control for the channels of that effect, along with the other effects in its group.

I think I've ended up with something that's pretty good. I'm sure it will evolve but right now it gives me fast access to effects with a minimum of tap dancing.

So two videos. The first is how I've got my FC-12 set up, and the second is how I use the FC-6 in concert with the FC-12. My apologies for bad videos, and the brain dead pauses as I try to explain things, and the occasional mis-speak. Hopefully things will be clear despite these, but feel free to ask questions.

FC-12 - http://leechubb.com/music/FC Videos/FC-12.480.mov

FC-12 + FC-6 - http://leechubb.com/music/FC Videos/FC-6.480.mov

Last edited:
These video files don't work for me. Can you instead upload these to youtube, set them to private or unlisted, and provide us the links. Especially since most folks chat from their mobile and wouldn't be able to download your video files anyways.

I take my privacy seriously and will have to jump through some hoops to set up a Youtube account that doesn't automatically link and track all my other actions. So no Youtube for at least the near future.

My server logs show that a ton of people have downloaded the videos. No other complaints, so I assume they were all able to see them. In any case, here are .m4v versions of the videos. That's all I can do for the moment, so hope you can see them.

FC-12: http://leechubb.com/music/FC Videos/FC-12.480.m4v

FC-12 + FC-6: http://leechubb.com/music/FC Videos/FC-6.480.m4v

Twister: I understand you took time out of your busy schedule to do this video,at my suggestion ,
and I appreciate it very much.
It would be wonderfully to see others that would be willing to do more videos as a teaching and helping tool for other Fractal-ites .

Thanks again

Twister: I understand you took time out of your busy schedule to do this video,at my suggestion ,
and I appreciate it very much.
It would be wonderfully to see others that would be willing to do more videos as a teaching and helping tool for other Fractal-ites .

Thanks again
I am also really appreciative of any teaching videos as I am learning as much as I can before I get my Fc12.
I am getting closer everyday and want to hit the ground running :eek:

Thanks for sharing this! I've been really curious to see how people have been integrating the 6 and the 12- I've found the link layout rig that's discussed in the manual fascinating, and I really like how you use the 6 to get more control over the channels of the individual effects- it's a good idea.
My initial thought on combining the two was to use the 6 as a master control that handles presets and utilities, with the 12 handling scenes and effects, but this is starting to make me think about more creative ways to put this all together. I haven't totally wrapped my head around all the possibilities that link layout can allow, and this is helpful to see. Again, thanks for posting.

Thanks for sharing your experience and initial layout workflow. I also thought about using the two pedals together to accommodate the functions I wanted to see available without page changes. I’m sure this will help others to know if a combination of FCs will get them home on their own needs.

Back
Top Bottom