FC-12 different layouts

L

luke

I'm sure this is possible, I just don't know how to accomplish.

My normal layout is five presets across the bottom row.

Four scenes across the top row.

One top and one bottom to scale up/down in banks of 5.

Therefore I have a left over top button I was hoping to use as on/off for an effect, which would vary by preset. So it maybe for a drive on preset 6 and a harmonizer on preset 9.

Any advise appreciated.

I don't see anything about setting up per-presets in pages 34 or 35 in either the Axe FX 3 manual or the FC-12 +FC-6 manual. What am I missing?

I don't see anything about setting up per-presets in pages 34 or 35 in either the Axe FX 3 manual or the FC-12 +FC-6 manual. What am I missing?
It's the Footswitch Functions Guide that you want. There's a two-page section in it titled "PER-PRESET FUNCTIONS."

I see the problem--I'm using the older FC manual that has the per preset on 34-35. The newer Footswitch Functions Guide has it on pages 16 & 17.

Danny W.

Do you mean you're not clear on what per-preset switches do, or you're not clear on how to use them, or...?

It did not help me understand how to accomplish what I need to do as described in the first post of this thread.

It did not help me understand how to accomplish what I need to do as described in the first post of this thread.
In your OP, you asked for a way to set up your unused footswitch to toggle an effect on or off. Different effect per preset.

You do this by setting up a Per-Preset footwitch. Let's say you have a preset where you want to turn Chorus on and off. In that preset, you create a per-preset footswitch that bypasses the Chorus block. Also in that preset, you set up a Per-Preset Override to make sure that your per-preset switch overrides the function of your spare switch.

In your OP, you asked for a way to set up your unused footswitch to toggle an effect on or off. Different effect per preset.

You do this by setting up a Per-Preset footwitch. Let's say you have a preset where you want to turn Chorus on and off. In that preset, you create a per-preset footswitch that bypasses the Chorus block. Also in that preset, you set up a Per-Preset Override to make sure that your per-preset switch overrides the function of your spare switch.

Yes, I understand the concept, it how to pull it off I am not grasping.

Personally, I'd set that switch up with a Per-Preset PLACEHOLDER function on both tap and hold. Here's how:
Axe-Edit III 2020-03-09 16-45-26.png

Then, for any given preset, open the list of per-preset switches. To do this, press the button labelled "PER PRESET FC" (red circle beloe)

You will see 24 boxes representing the 24 possible per-preset switches. The one you'll want is #1. Click it. (Orange box, below).

Now set that switch to anything you'd like in the usual way (green box, below)

Save the preset. Done!

Axe-Edit III 2020-03-09 16-47-28.png

What @Admin M@ said.

Note that the missing step is to create the Per-Preset footswitch in your preset that bypasses the block that you want to control in that preset.

Back
Top Bottom