FC-12 Default Layout 7 Not Acting Right

TenorKeith

Inspired
Hey guys,
I want to say up front that the FC-12 is brilliant and I'm so happy to have it. It makes using the Axe III soooooo much easier.

I just got my FC-12 and, according to the manual, Default layout 7 should have a "preset +4" and a "preset -4" switch. Instead, mine says "Bank +" and "Bank -" which is loading ten presets, only four of which are visible in this mode. Layout 1 loads banks of 10 just as it should, but layout 7 is not.

I contacted support and the response I got was that you can select the bank sizes. I understand this, but bank sizes are global and it would screw up layout 1.
Is there a problem with the default settings? I saw one other thread about this, but the solutions seemed not to address this directly.

I just want this to operate as the manual suggests the default layouts should. I'm not really looking to tinker too much, but I think something got changed somewhere along the way. If you look at "Axe Fx Tutorials" video on the FC-12, it behaves just as it should.

So for you FC-12 owners, have any of you experienced this? (other than the one thread I mentioned) And if so, what did you do about it? Is there some other function other than "bank up/down" that I'm not considering?

I'd like to appeal to Fractal to fix this in a future update, so that it operates as advertised right out of the gate.

Thanks.

The default layouts are really just meant to be basic examples to kind of give you a taste of what it can do, just like a presets in the Axe. They made it super easy and powerful to customize it to each own users specific needs and taste.

Appealing to FAS to make the most versatile and easy to program controller “work as advertised” seems rather silly IMO

The default layouts are really just meant to be basic examples to kind of give you a taste of what it can do, just like a presets in the Axe. They made it super easy and powerful to customize it to each own users specific needs and taste.

Appealing to FAS to make the most versatile and easy to program controller “work as advertised” seems rather silly IMO

While your point is valid regarding customizability, there is still the fundamental issue that a global bank size actually makes no sense and causes issues like this (as I reported in that other thread).

Back
Top Bottom