FC-12 Controller Layout Sharing Here!

PincoTech

Experienced
In an attempt to have a dedicated area for layout sharing, analysis, implementation, i've started this thread.
A good layout scheme differs from user to user.
I think that a forward thinking “in the long run“ approach to the logistics saves a ton of time.
Being able to swap layouts with other members in a centric location, is beneficial, and gives insight into the most used approaches.

I've created "9 Layout Templates", as a visual tool, to help wrap your head around a grand scheme.
Analysis, Design, Implementation, Testing.
My father was a systems analyst before he died, "This is for you buddy!"
The FC-12 is undoubtedly the most powerful controller, coupled to the monster AXE III

I'll be uploading Controller Layouts to this thread soon.
Please share yours here as well, along with descriptions, and or a completed layout template.

Cheers,

Below is a PDF file

Attachments

• FC-12MasterTemplateLayoutFinal 1-9.pdf
    378.2 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Yeah, didn't mean to steal anyone's thunder, but saw the suggestion to make a thread about it, and decided, "OK, I'll go first."

Last edited:
@Joe Bfstplk whats the layout hierarchy scheme that you’re using? Using mlm, links to and from layouts, or a different method?
I have FC#1 default to Layout 1 (MAIN 6a) on start, and the Layout links switch it to Layout 2 (PDL 6a) on preset selection. There is also a "go to the other layout" button on each of the 6a layouts, hiding "under" the Tap Tempo on that switch's hold function.

FC#2 defaults to Layout 3 (PDL 6b) on start, and doesn't change layouts.

So from what your saying for the most part:

FC-6(1) defaults to and is dedicated to presets
FC-6(2) is dedicated to scenes
Normal utilities are left alone
Go to the other layout button increases your scene or preset size real estate either way?

Did I get that correctly?

So from what your saying for the most part:

FC-6(1) defaults to and is dedicated to presets
FC-6(2) is dedicated to scenes
Normal utilities are left alone
Go to the other layout button increases your scene or preset size real estate either way?

Did I get that correctly?
Not quite.

FC6 #1 switches between presets (L1) and scenes (L2) and can hold any overflow effects and/or control switches that don't fit on the other FC. It starts up on presets (L1), so that it is ready to select presets when the unit is switched on.

FC6 #2 stays put on effects and/or control switches (L3).

The "go to other layout" button on the Tap Tempo hold function is there to switch FC6 #1 to whichever mode it's not in, so if I see green preset switches and want to switch to seeing red scene switches, I lean on that button for a second and I'm there. Likewise, if I am ready to change presets, and all I see on FC6 #1 are scene switches (or empty switches for presets that don't use scenes), I lean on the blinky blue Tap Tempo for a second and I get my preset selection switches back.

I basically cleaved my old FC12 (which I got originally off the waiting list in the summertime) in half, and placed my controller pedals in the middle.

I also have an external switch activating a couple of the stand-in switches hiding over to the right in Layout #1 (Hold Funcs and Tuner). I tried to offload things that I didn't need an LED ring to tell me the status of out to the external stand-in switches.

TBH, it's a lot harder to describe in text than to use it.

Not quite.

FC6 #1 switches between presets (L1) and scenes (L2) and can hold any overflow effects and/or control switches that don't fit on the other FC. It starts up on presets (L1), so that it is ready to select presets when the unit is switched on.

FC6 #2 stays put on effects and/or control switches (L3).

The "go to other layout" button on the Tap Tempo hold function is there to switch FC6 #1 to whichever mode it's not in, so if I see green preset switches and want to switch to seeing red scene switches, I lean on that button for a second and I'm there. Likewise, if I am ready to change presets, and all I see on FC6 #1 are scene switches (or empty switches for presets that don't use scenes), I lean on the blinky blue Tap Tempo for a second and I get my preset selection switches back.

I basically cleaved my old FC12 (which I got originally off the waiting list in the summertime) in half, and placed my controller pedals in the middle.

I also have an external switch activating a couple of the stand-in switches hiding over to the right in Layout #1 (Hold Funcs and Tuner). I tried to offload things that I didn't need an LED ring to tell me the status of out to the external stand-in switches.

TBH, it's a lot harder to describe in text than to use it.
Yeah. Describing a layout hierarchy, associated switch functions per layout, and the means of navigation between is definitely hard to explain.

I get what your doing though, and it’s a cool way of using two FC-6’s simultaneously.

Im going to try to use a 50mm camera with high contrast settings to capture complete layout setups in a streamlined fashion. 2 minutes or less. These FC controllers are ridiculously good, when customized, and still able to retract to MLM method for occasional alternate usage.

Love your Expression pedal assignments!
Really cool switch box you made too. Is It two momentary switches via trs cable?
Thanks! As my pedals are not bound to ADA/508 best practices regarding use of color to convey meaning, I decided to have some fun and use Ma Bell's base 5 color scheme for the numbering. I found my colored Sharpies and coded the cables as well, since they have nice, white heat shrink strain reliefs on each end.... :)

Yes. One TRS for two switches. Those were originally meant to be Layout and Bank switches, but then I discovered Layout Links and things got rearranged again. It has been a really circuitous discovery process....

Back
Top Bottom