FC-12 behaving like a Bradshaw controller

I recently upgraded from the XL+/RJM controller to the 3 with the FC-12. The 3 is great... but the FC-12! This thing is just as powerful!

I've spent the first couple weeks deciding how to configure it. Tried a few different ways, each with their pros and cons. I found myself wishing it behaved like the Bradshaw/CAE controllers I used to use like the RS10, MKII, etc. I worked with Bob at CAE for almost a decade, so I got used to how they worked. Im talking about the "global" preset on the pedal, when "nothing" is selected on the pedal you are in your most used preset/sound, then you hit a switch to go to a different sound, and hit the same button to go back to your main sound.

I realized I could easily accomplish this with scene toggling. The bottom row are the 6 scene sounds I need, in addition to my main sound, which in this band is simply a dry distorted sound. Each bottom row button is a toggle between the "alternate" and main scene. Whats awesome about this is when I hit any sound/scene button (pic 2), all other scene switch lights turn OFF. The lit up scene switch now screams "step on me to go back!". With lights everywhere on the FC-12, I would sometimes get confused and hit the wrong switch. No longer an issue now!

The top row is a Tuner, and then individual FX that I might turn on/off, or maybe some that arent used enough to warrant having its own scene. I am absolutely loving this rig, and just thought I would share in case a similar setup might work for you.

Attachments

• IMG_5574.jpg
    IMG_5574.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_5575.jpg
    IMG_5575.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 47
Back
Top Bottom