FC-12 at first blush, from a current RJM user

@Paulg2uk

I’ve had the FC12 about a week, and I think the integration between it and the III is pretty impressive. Still, I can’t find a reason to choose it over the MMGT 22 I already have. The number of available options without changing screens, the usefulness of the screens and information, and the midi functions I can control directly from it whether I am controlling the Axe FX or other gear makes it a choice of doing less for no gain at this point.

The situation is completely different for anyone coming in new, with no investment yet in a controller. Then you’d have to weigh cost versus function, and for most the FC will cover their needs at a lower cost. I’m not in that situation, and the RJM is still the controller I’m gigging with. No plans to change, and will likely sell the FC12. It’s a great controller, but in my situation (like Yek) I already have a great workflow with the MMGT.

Yes Rick, you should absolutely sell your 12 and stick with your mastermind!

Putting “Fractalonia” in gps as we speak....

Yes Rick, you should absolutely sell your 12 and stick with your mastermind!

Putting “Fractalonia” in gps as we speak....
I might... I just might. Wouldn’t want to circumvent the wait list here though. I’m thinking it’ll be Reverb if I do :)

I just sold my RJM PBC Mastermind AND all of my Strymon pedals. Mastermind is a good unit, but the Timeline, Mobius and Big Sky can all be done with the Axe 3 now.

No doubt Reverb will leverage your ROI. Just look at what MFC’s are listed on there for.
I’m really not trying to get in anyone’s pocket. I understand supply and demand and all that, and don’t have an issue with anyone else... people choose to buy or not. But I’ll just be recouping my intitial investment, fees, and reshipping cost. Will likely list it tonight.

The funny part is, knowing me, I may buy another later down the line. Musician sickness, you know.

Update: It took longer to type the ad than it lasted. 10 minutes...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom