FC-12 (and FC-6) - Philosophy of use

plyall

Power User
How are most of you folks setting up your FC controllers?

Do you take a performance layout and then edit it for your needs, and use this for all the presets?

I used the MFC-101 with a bank size of either 0 or 1, so that anytime I send a bank up, it changes to the next patch. I typically use the top two rows for effect on off, and then the bottom row for scenes.

I'm very interested to see how others have set theirs up! Thanks!

There are many threads, maybe try a search.

You can change any layout to do anything you want. Just think of what you want and add it there.

Maybe talk out what you need during a gig and we can suggest things to you. It’s freely assignable.

Well, prior to the MFC-101, I used to use an old Lake Butler midi foot controller, and in that I had unique setups for each patch. Is that still possible here?

...in fact that raises another question - why only 8 Layouts (well, 9 with the MLM). It would be cool to have a separate layout for each patch in a perfect world.

Definitely read the FC manual. IMO it is much different (in a good way) than most midi controllers.

Since you can have up to 24 per-preset switches, you could actually have 2 layouts that are custom to each preset (or 4 if you use an FC-6).

Yes, look at the Per-Preset Overrides in particular. It's possible to do all PPOs or a mix of globally-available functions and PPOs. My main 2 layouts do the latter, with some "always there" stuff and some "unique to this preset" stuff. It's a wide-open field to play in....

Back
Top Bottom