• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

FC-12 and FC-6 Dimensions

axifist

Experienced
Perfect, thanks!

So what I meant before was:
In case potential AX-6 and AX-12 would use a similar chassis (same width, but longer because of the display and additional buttons for menu etc), using the FCs for testing the coming AX* chassis would be valid, because the measurements would be the same. In other words: If it's (un)comfortable to reach the left and right switch of the second row on the FCs having the handles installed, this would also be the case with a potential AX*.

axifist

Experienced
Isn't it allowed to speculate? ;) Come on, that's fun, give it a try!

Another argument: Look at the position of the handles. Most probably the center of mass isn't between them, so they wouldn't be on the ideal place on the FCs. However a potential AX8 successor would need a longer chassis. In that case the center of mass could in fact be between the handles.

quod errat demonstrandum :cool:

Rex

Legend!
With all this monkey talk if the reason is anything less than a Fractal HQ marmoset mascot I'm afraid I may be disappointed.
There are many quality monkeys available from various companies. Some people prefer the rhesus crunch over the marmoset cleans. By providing only the tie-off, Fractal leaves us free to choose the monkey we prefer.

Manny Kuhn

Inspired
The handles were so you could keep your FCs from getting away from each other using these:
Why settle?
CEBmOhU.jpg

FfN5raN

hdcs

Here's a semi strange request; any chance we could get a photo of the undersides of the FCs? I've got a couple of ideas on mounting mine when I get it eventually, and an estimation on where the feet are, as well as where the usable screw holes live, would be helpful.

Top Bottom