FBT Verve Questions

marshall2553

Power User
I'm looking at going FRFR I think I've settled on the Verve 8ma. I wanted to ask those with experience a few questions about the Verves.

1. What's the best place to buy in the US? A good return policy is a plus since I'm not completely sold on giving up my guitar cab yet.

2. Is the added low end response of the 12ma worth it over the 8ma? I don't care that much about volume since I'll mostly be using it at home but still would like to move a little air sometimes. I mostly play blues to hard rock, not looking for down tuned brootal metal tones.

3. Are they REALLY worth the premium you pay compared to the QSC K10/K12?

Thanks!

marshall2553 said:
I'm looking at going FRFR I think I've settled on the Verve 8ma. I wanted to ask those with experience a few questions about the Verves.

1. What's the best place to buy in the US? A good return policy is a plus since I'm not completely sold on giving up my guitar cab yet.

2. Is the added low end response of the 12ma worth it over the 8ma? I don't care that much about volume since I'll mostly be using it at home but still would like to move a little air sometimes. I mostly play blues to hard rock, not looking for down tuned brootal metal tones.

3. Are they REALLY worth the premium you pay compared to the QSC K10/K12?

Thanks!

I picked up my 12ma from RMC Audio Direct. I didn't pay really any more for it than what MF is selling the QSC K12''s for. RMC will email you a better price if you click on the link on the page. Of course that will put you in the ballpark for a Reactor FR also...

I haven't tried either the 8ma or the QSC so I can't comment on those but I am really happy with the 12 ma, it is solid and plenty loud.

i've owned both, but i only kept the 8ma.
i never in a million years would i have imagined
myself using an 8inch driver, but it is LIGHT
& still satisfies fully.
& i bought mine from springtree.

We are doing a shoot out between the 8ma, 12ma and the Fratomic in a couple of weeks. I am hoping to document it on video.

MKeditor said:
We are doing a shoot out between the 8ma, 12ma and the Fratomic in a couple of weeks. I am hoping to document it on video.

Sweet! Is there any chance that you could include one of the QSC K series speakers too?

marshall2553 said:
MKeditor said:

Sweet! Is there any chance that you could include one of the QSC K series speakers too?

+1 for including the QSC K series if possible.

marshall2553 said:
MKeditor said:

Is that an offer for you to bring one? :)

MKeditor said:

That's the problem, I haven't gone FRFR yet. Still debating between the K10 and the Verves. It seems the consensus around here is that the Verves are the way to go though.

marshall2553 said:
MKeditor said:

That's the problem, I haven't gone FRFR yet. Still debating between the K10 and the Verves. It seems the consensus around here is that the Verves are the way to go though.

Why not get one of both?

Re: FBT Verve Questions - Power Supply Requirment

I noticed that the spec sheets on the Verve 12ma states that it requires a 250v power supply :shock: Is this really true or is that a European spec and the U.S. units require standard 120v. I just placed an order with Springtree on Friday and then only afterwards noticed the 250v requirement :oops:

Re: FBT Verve Questions - Power Supply Requirment

quark said:
I noticed that the spec sheets on the Verve 12ma states that it requires a 250v power supply :shock: Is this really true or is that a European spec and the U.S. units require standard 120v. I just placed an order with Springtree on Friday and then only afterwards noticed the 250v requirement :oops:
It was just a European data sheet. All the ones shipped to Canada and US are 120v.

Back
Top Bottom