FBT Verve 8ma vs Verve 10a?

jiagap

Inspired
Alot of talk here lately on the Verve 8ma and the 12ma. Why not the 10a? Is it just the "M"onitor aspect that keeps it out of the running, or something else?

I can't find a 10a in the Verve series. I see a Verve 10. The missing "a" = active or amplified. The Verve 10 is a passive speaker for FOH. The 'ma' are function designed and built as monitors. The Verve 10 is a separate horn and woofer; the "ma" series is built around B&C coaxial speakers.

It matters to me. Carrying a separate power amp, for me, makes no sense. The coaxial design is perfect for this application; and the spread (aka 'sweet spot') is massive. I require a monitor, not a substitute for a traditional guitar rig speaker cab.

All IMHO, YMMV.

jiagap said:
http://www.rmcaudiodirect.com/FBT-Verve-10a-p/verve-10a.htm

it is powered, it just does not have the diagonal slant for a floor monitor. But I was wondering what else? The plus is it has a handle, more power, and a 10" speaker, and only $100 more.

But it doesn't have the coaxial speaker design, which seems to be what most owners rave about.
I also find coaxial designed speakers to be more pleasing than woofer + horn based designs..

ahhhh, the coaxial speaker design. That seems odd that they would not have a 10" with that in the series, and I sure wish they carried them around here so I could hear them up close and personal. The 12ma seems like a bit too much, and the 8ma seems too little - though I am liking the idea of replacing my Mackie HR824's with them.

Back
Top Bottom