FBT Verve 12m or Atomic Reactor Passive Wedge

Justmc

Inspired
I'm on the waiting list for the Reactor series that seems to be ready for shipping. Should I go that route verses waiting 2 month's for the Verve 12M's to be available.

I would appreciate any comments or better yet if someone has had both and what their findings were....

Thanks in advance............

Check on here for "FRFR Shootout"

There are a couple of people who have done comparisons. That being said, I just bought a pair of passive wedges. Can't say how good they are yet, but I suspect they'll be a step up from my 5" Mackie studio monitors.

I've tried the powered Atomic wedge and I own the Verve 12ma.
Both are great. You'll be happy with either.
I chose the Verve mainly because the Atomic's were out of stock...and I got no reply to my emails to Atomic.
(kind of the opposite of your situation)

I do think the passive Atomic would be the way to go (If I was getting an Atomic)...because I favor the reliability of Solid State amps.

I absolutely love my Verve though....so again, I think you would be happy with either.
I will probably buy a second Verve.

hankstone said:
So far I've been frustrated by the passive wedge... can't seem to get anywhere near what I get with a guitar cab.

Can you get near the sound of a mic'ed guitar cab through the PA? That's what you should be hearing (assuming you have the cab sim on).

hankstone said:
So far I've been frustrated by the passive wedge... can't seem to get anywhere near what I get with a guitar cab.

Curious...what are you powering it with?
The powered Atomic was easy to get to sound like a guitar cab.

hankstone said:

Mic your guitar cab in another room and listen to it through an FR cab and you get real close to what your hearing now.

hankstone said:
I highly doubt that.....

I get great results with my SLA-2 and Verve 12m. Sounds like most of the amps I have played though that have been mic'd. What kind of problems are you running into?

Sixstring said:
I get great results with my SLA-2 and Verve 12m. Sounds like most of the amps I have played though that have been mic'd. What kind of problems are you running into?

I thought the 12ma was self-powered? Am I wrong and do you need an external power amp?

Back
Top Bottom