• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

FBT Verve 12m or Atomic Reactor Passive Wedge

Justmc

Inspired
I'm on the waiting list for the Reactor series that seems to be ready for shipping. Should I go that route verses waiting 2 month's for the Verve 12M's to be available.

I would appreciate any comments or better yet if someone has had both and what their findings were....

Thanks in advance............

ricbob

Check on here for "FRFR Shootout"

There are a couple of people who have done comparisons. That being said, I just bought a pair of passive wedges. Can't say how good they are yet, but I suspect they'll be a step up from my 5" Mackie studio monitors.

BBN

Fractal Fanatic
I've tried the powered Atomic wedge and I own the Verve 12ma.
Both are great. You'll be happy with either.
I chose the Verve mainly because the Atomic's were out of stock...and I got no reply to my emails to Atomic.
(kind of the opposite of your situation)

I do think the passive Atomic would be the way to go (If I was getting an Atomic)...because I favor the reliability of Solid State amps.

I absolutely love my Verve though....so again, I think you would be happy with either.
I will probably buy a second Verve.

kruzty

Inspired
hankstone said:
So far I've been frustrated by the passive wedge... can't seem to get anywhere near what I get with a guitar cab.

Can you get near the sound of a mic'ed guitar cab through the PA? That's what you should be hearing (assuming you have the cab sim on).

BBN

Fractal Fanatic
hankstone said:
So far I've been frustrated by the passive wedge... can't seem to get anywhere near what I get with a guitar cab.

Curious...what are you powering it with?
The powered Atomic was easy to get to sound like a guitar cab.

Sixstring

Axe-Master
hankstone said:

Mic your guitar cab in another room and listen to it through an FR cab and you get real close to what your hearing now.

Sixstring

Axe-Master
hankstone said:
I highly doubt that.....

I get great results with my SLA-2 and Verve 12m. Sounds like most of the amps I have played though that have been mic'd. What kind of problems are you running into?

vbrilon

Sixstring said:
I get great results with my SLA-2 and Verve 12m. Sounds like most of the amps I have played though that have been mic'd. What kind of problems are you running into?

I thought the 12ma was self-powered? Am I wrong and do you need an external power amp?

Top Bottom