FBC 1010 fans extra IA's

Dramelot

Power User
I like the footprint of the 1010.
I own 3. i like the layout
I NEED 9 patches avail. #10 is for silent/tuner.
Sure i can bank up and add chorus or boosts. But adding that CHRS VIBE or Wideout at the right second...
Since I cant sacrifice my layout, I wanted to add some IA's for different effects.
UNO cant do what i want yet...(under development?)
I dont want to engineer one with teensie
So after research i found these

I have an idea to get 2 more IA's per patch without sacrifice.

MIDI Solutions Dual Footswitch Controller

or 8!!
MIDI Solutions F8 8 Input MIDI Footswitch Controller | GuitarCenter

If anyone has a better idea... I'm open

How many IA's do you need per patch?

Also, the FCB has a "MIDI Merge" function.
So you can connect an additional FCB with just a midi cable.

Not sure I fully understand... you need more switches, independent of any programming, right? UnO won't make a difference.

If I misunderstood and it IS just programming, you might take a look at the "replacement guts" Xavier (= Gordius & UnO firmware) developed for the FCB1010. Have to search for the link, though.
If you want to keep the FCB and add the possibility for more switches, along with more programming options, you might want to check out the Gordius Little Giant Module. It will slave the FCB's switches and patches, being the "midi brain" and you can add up to four double switches or expression pedals.

"So you can connect an additional FCB with just a midi cable." Interesting. Has anyone tested this? That means you can have 4 expression pedals and 20 switches for about $260.

"So you can connect an additional FCB with just a midi cable." Interesting. Has anyone tested this? That means you can have 4 expression pedals and 20 switches for about $260.
I've got two of them, but never bothered with putting them together like that for a few reasons. First off I have the Uno inside of my main one which is great because I can program the state of my IA's into the controller and it works great. But if you throw two of these together that means that the states will be right on one and nothing will change on the other one when you switch patches. And I also don't need more crap than what I've got going on right now to be honest; I've grouped effects into 5 category types to match the 5 IA's and I only need 2 expression pedals at the most. Once I get beyond that it starts to become too mentally intensive to keep things straight. Plus I modded my main one to use phantom power and I'm basically too lazy to come up with a plan to power another one off the same cable.

But it should absolutely be able to be done. How well it works is going to be up what you need.

One advantage would be the ability to set one up for looper functions all the time. Perhaps some utility stuff like patch leveling. If there was a way to slave one to the other than it would be all over.

How many IA's do you need per patch?

Also, the FCB has a "MIDI Merge" function.
So you can connect an additional FCB with just a midi cable.
You can connnect it and it will merge the midi. However, it doesn't receive midi. It doesn't respond to PC changes it receives on the midi-in, it just merges them with the ones it's sending itself. You can't program one to send PC's then the other with IA's that change per preset-command that the first one sends. That would solve much indeed.

I like the Eureka firmware too, but that doesn't display the states of the IA's in the stompbox mode either. Not sure if it remembers them.

This one looks nice. But it appears development is... :
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/other...er-fcb1010-mod-lcd-show-tuner-patchnames.html
I would like it for the modes only already.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom