• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

FB thinking Axe-Fx III preset is Axe-Fx II

warlockII

Power User
I originally posted in the artist preset thread about the issue I had but was told by a moderator that I was not paying attention to what I was doing...I quadruple checked that wasn't the issue. Fractal bot wouldn't load several of the Pete Thorn presets that he so generously (FA obviously as well) shared with us. The error message came up that they were for the FM3. I WAS in the Axe III folder for all of these presets. I doubted myself at first and exited and went back into the AXE III folder again with the same results. I apologize for the all caps, but didn't want to be told again that I wasn't paying attention as I rechecked this multiple times. I WAS able to load the other presets via axe edit III. I'm assuming there must be a glitch where Fractal bot was misreading something in those presets??? I'm using the most up to date version of Fractal bot and downloaded the preset folder within the first few minutes it was posted if any of this matters.

Last edited:

chris

Legend!
The issue would less likely be FB reading presets wrong and more likely that the presets aren’t in the right folder or something like that.

Lemme try to load them and see what’s up. Has anyone else reported this issue?

rickster71

Inspired
I never use fractal bot to load presets ever. I always use axe edit. I only use fractal bot for updates and that's it. Never had an issue importing presets through axe edit

AlbertA

Fractal Fanatic
@warlockII Are you sure it said Axe-Fx II? Which FractalBot version is this?

Using Fractal Bot 3.0.4 here - some of the presets in the Axe-Fx III folder are actually FM3 presets (not all) and Fractal Bot pops up a dialog saying so. For example, Pete Plexi.syx; I did also inspect the header (F0 00 01 74 11) - which confirms it (Model number 0x11 = FM3)

warlockII

Power User
@warlockII Are you sure it said Axe-Fx II? Which FractalBot version is this?

Using Fractal Bot 3.0.4 here - some of the presets in the Axe-Fx III folder are actually FM3 presets (not all) and Fractal Bot pops up a dialog saying so. For example, Pete Plexi.syx; I did also inspect the header (F0 00 01 74 11) - which confirms it (Model number 0x11 = FM3)
That was one of them that wouldn't load until I used axe edit....sorry, I think you're right and said it was FM3. I miss-typed today. OK, so I wasn't wrong after all, the mod was.

Top Bottom