Favourite Amp Models For Live Setup/Tips for Live setups

d350mh

tonight i was just going through making some new tones on my setup, which consists of;
axe fx ultra, gt800fx power amp, mesa stiletto 4x12 and a voodoo labs GCP.

while I've always been a fan of the 5150 sim, which is why i sold my real 6505, i also like the fender deluxe reverb (with blues OD), and JCM800.. i messed around with the cornford model and it sounds amazing. Very dynamic and has a round bottom end that i love for the kind of tone it provides.

I am still going through each amp model to find out what others are great in this application.

Also, I've found when dialling in any amp model, i crank the 'depth' control full to bring in a lot of bottom end in the tone, then if need be, roll up the low cut on the amp to reduce the mud.

So.. what are some of your favourite amp models and what are some tips you guys have for this kind of setup?

I'm using an Ultra into a Velocity 300 & stock 1960B Marshall. I'm currently using the Das Metal for my distorted sounds and the USA Clean for, well, clean sounds. There's probably half a dozen or more amp models I could use for either sound, though.

When I first got it, I thought the FAS Modern was going to be my go-to, but the Das Metal just has a bit more size for live work...

i actually tried the das metal last night, and i love the low mid growl it has. i may try blending the 5150 with the das metal and see what i can come up with

I use an ultra into an ARTsla2 into a carvin 412. I like the slo100 and plexi treble for rock tones. When I make my patches I never cut the mids. in fact sometimes hearing my tones by themselves they might sound mid heavy but it really sits well with the other instruments then.

Back
Top Bottom