Favorite Strumming Clean Tone (live with humbuckers)

ThrillGrill

What is everyone's favorite amp/cab/block tricks when it comes to a great live strumming clean tone (with a humbucker equipped guitar)? I try to not bring an acoustic to gigs, as I would only use on a handful of songs. I'm not trying to recreate with an Acoustic Sim patch, just a good strumming clean tone with a humbucker equipped guitar.

Song examples for what I'm referring to: Brown Eyed Girl, any fleetwood Mac, etc.....in that same ballpark.

This is based off my MC594 semi-hollow. From the factory banks:

• Vibrato-King -- the Normal and Fat scenes
  • Dee Cee 30 -- the Cleaner and Crunch scenes
  • Plexi 100W -- the 1959SLP Treble scene

And here's a preset with all of those in one preset. :)

https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=9001

That preset was dialed in with my 594 and a Silver Sky. Works great with either, but it's particularly sweet with the 594.

I love the Vibroking as well ... just a great clean and edge of breakup amp after Cygnus. I also recommend trying the Atomica. After Cygnus, I'm blown away by this amp! And the factory presets are really well done for both.

you can get a brilliant clean sound using the Brit800 too imo, I like to use cab 157, just dial back the amp input to .23 and the drive at 1.0, make adjustments on your tone, your all set, + leaves you ready for much harder options within the channels which I like.

Do you recommend the CA3+ also for a Gibson Les Paul? Any other clean amp?

Last edited:
I was doing an amp/cab only test the other night as I was trying to see what some of the new/updated amps could give me. Up until this point, some of my favorites for this type of play (clean which is pretty much all I do) have been:

FAS Buttery
FAS Class A
Diamante Fire
Ruby Rocket
Bandcommander

I just found one that same night that I had not latched onto before that was sounding REALLY good right out of the box and that was the Blankenship Leeds ( https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/..._.28Dweezil_Zappa.27s_Blankenship_Leeds_21.29 ). I have not moved it into my presets yet nor do I have any idea what it is/is based on, but I will be doing some research to explore those topics.

Last edited:
Definitely use Pedal 2 compressor. This will keep your tone more even when you're strumming to not get the amp to clip.

Definitely use Pedal 2 compressor. This will keep your tone more even when you're strumming to not get the amp to clip.

What is the difference between Pedal 1 compressor and Pedal 2? For my taste pedal 1 Sounds more lively.
But you are right in general the Pedal compressor is much more better for strumming.
So far I have used FF Studio for everything

Last edited:
What is the difference between Pedal 1 compressor and Pedal 2? For my taste pedal 1 Sounds more lively.
But you are right in general the Pedal compressor is much more better for strumming.
So far I have used FF Studio for everything

Pedal 2 is a little smoother and less "pumpy" which is better for strumming IMHO. Or funky clean Nile Rodgers/Paul Jackson JR. funk guitar

Back
Top Bottom