favorite pc amp sims?

With that little amount of info from you, I'd say: do your research first, find out what's important to you. There's a ton of good stuff out there. All we could do here is to tell you which one WE like most. But … what style of music are you playing? Is a nice interface important to you? …

Playing Progressive Rock/Metal. Leaving my Axefx at a friend's studio and need something for just recording/playing at home. Looking for a PC amp sim thats sounds as good as the Axefx. Also any good audio interface/monitors that would work well with using pc amp sims? thank you.

Kazrog Thermionik hands down; and the newer Kazrog Ampcraft line that just came out (sole sim right now is the 5150 called 1992).

S-Gear, and some of the Plugin Alliance amps, like Chandler Limited GAV19T and ENGL E765 RT. Haven't tried all of the rest of theirs, but I like those two out of the ones I have. Some of the more recent AmpliTube models are pretty good too.

Caveat: I haven't used any software sims much since I went hardware, first Helix then Axe; much more practical out of the house.

Back
Top Bottom