Favorite New Feature?

BrownNote71

Inspired
Of all that's been announced so far, what's your favorite new feature?

Today :p my favorite feature is this:

IMG_0893_grid_meters.jpg

Per-effect meters display.

I think tomorrow my favorite feature will be the USB audio sound source block!

My favourite is in order:
1. USB (8x8) reamping feature
2. Better seamless switching
3. More routing options
4. New Axe-Edit
5. New footcontrollers

I think the Channels feature is my favorite new thing so far. It's going to allow so much more to be done in one patch:
8 Amps
16 Drives
8 Cabs
8 Reverbs
16 Delays
16 Graphic EQs
16 Parametric EQs
...all in a single patch. Dang.

Next to that, the 5 front panel knobs are really cool. Does anybody know whether they're notched or smooth rotating, by the way?

And being able to name scenes is great too.

Oh and being able to zoom out and see the whole grid at once from the front panel.

I think the Channels feature is my favorite new thing so far. It's going to allow so much more to be done in one patch:
8 Amps
16 Drives
8 Cabs
8 Reverbs
16 Delays
16 Graphic EQs
16 Parametric EQs
...all in a single patch. Dang.

Next to that, the 5 front panel knobs are really cool. Does anybody know whether they're notched or smooth rotating, by the way?

And being able to name scenes is great too.

Oh and being able to zoom out and see the whole grid at once from the front panel.

Make that 32 cabs per preset - each cab block channel can load and mix 4 IRs.

• 8X8 USB wins for me, and is the reason I got into the G66 wait list.
  • The additional I/O come second, as I will be able to do some funny stuff with my Micro Korg without having to unplug it.

The new foot controller integration, scribble strips and scene naming is the biggest win for me. Even with the XL I was not using it to its full potential due to control difficulties. Next is the huge cpu and channels. One of my early wish list items was XY plus Z switching. Channels took it one step further in typical FAS style.

4 Channels
Free dedicated IN / OUT Blocks
SCENE Names
doubled processor power
Matrix 6X14 zoomed out overview
colored block labels for faster identification in the grid

IMG_0893_grid_meters.jpg

I actually like this one a lot too. Having a high input impedance input on the back is great too as is the additional set of XLR outs. I like to use the XLR connectors to connect to my Matrix power amp which means I don’t have a pair of XLR’s to run to the board live. Now I do...and since I use traditional cabs live the extra processing power will allow me to run my complex effects chains AND run a parallel out with an Ultra Res cab model to the PA. Also, I’ll finally be able to clone my analog rig’s gain section now that I can use 4 drive blocks instead of having to use flat graphic EQ’s as pre and post gain pedal boosts...so I guess it’s all kinda my favorite.

IMG_0893_grid_meters.jpg

Yeah I really love this too. Gonna make leveling so much easier.

Favorite new feature is the potential.

When we got the AxeFX 2 we didn't have UltraRes cabs, Scenes, Tone match and who knows what all I am forgetting...

Cliff has has created a playground for his "epiphany's"...and it's a big playground! Im sure he already has things in mind he hasn't even mentioned yet. Consider how good we already had it...and now this...That much power in Cliffs hands is difficult to understate.

Back
Top Bottom