Favorite guitar shape?

NeoSound

Fractal Fanatic
Les Paul - Telecaster - Stratocaster - V - SG - Parker Fly - VH Les Caster - RG - JS - LIII - Petruci J6 J12 Majesty - 335 - JEM - Gretch - Rickenbacker - Strandberg - Steinberger - Suhr Modern - many others

there's so many choices but I seem to gravitate toward strat or super strat (RG Suhr Modern) and usually prefer dual humbuckers.

What's your preference?

It's an older picture 2014-ish. There has been some slight changes. But you get the picture.

IMG_2187.jpg

I have always been hooked on Gibson Explorers. Preferably old ones. Biggest complaint is tonal narrowness. I still have one, installed a stets bar tremolo and some badass Wagner pups (American steel). Thanks for reminding me - think I'll pull that one out again.

I'm a Strat guy thru and thru. They just feel right whether you're sitting or standing and always look cool! I have other guitars that have nice looks and feel but the Strat remains my favorite.

My profile. Yes, I know it looks like a fish, or... whatever. lol

Seriously though, it's based on the Klein, headless ergonomic design. Just perfect for me. I'd love to have a steel string acoustic and a classical built with a similar shape.

For comfort, a Strat hands down. Just feels like home. Modern super strats sometimes improve on things like upper fret access and neck heel shape.

Always thought Gibson SG's looked cool but don't like the thin body and neck heavy balance of some models. Good fret access though.

Most of my gigging guitars these days are Strats or Strat-shaped, but probably my favorite body shape is the BC Rich Mockingbird. I own two: an Asian-made mid-level model that's nothing special, and my baby, one of the original Mockingbird prototypes, handmade by Bernie Rico before the model line was released. That one has traveled a lot of miles and been on a lot of stages with me. It stays home now.

Back
Top Bottom