Favorite FRFR powered speaker?

Just got Red Sound active cab, sounds amazing at home volume. I will try it on rehearsal in two days.

Absolutely. No need to start a new thread if there is tons of information available already.

FWIW, I just picked up a HeadRush. Really nice sounding with lots of volume. I like it better compared to my Friedman ASC.
NO WAY LOL. I'm just kidding you are making me want to test one out they are way cheaper ;)

Had my HeadRush FRFR for about 6 weeks now. Like it way better than my JBL EON 610 (single or pair). Those go back to PA duty and keeping the HeadRush for AX8 use. I heard it is identical to an Alto TS312 but either way, they are both the same price so I am assuming HeadRush possibly voiced it slightly different if at all as the specs and look are identical.

I'm sure it isn't better than say any high end FRFR out there but in a mix with a band, I highly doubt a difference would be heard. Besides, some gigs go out FOH which makes any FRFR just for personal use on stage anyhow.

Had my HeadRush FRFR for about 6 weeks now. Like it way better than my JBL EON 610 (single or pair). Those go back to PA duty and keeping the HeadRush for AX8 use. I heard it is identical to an Alto TS312 but either way, they are both the same price so I am assuming HeadRush possibly voiced it slightly different if at all as the specs and look are identical.

I'm sure it isn't better than say any high end FRFR out there but in a mix with a band, I highly doubt a difference would be heard. Besides, some gigs go out FOH which makes any FRFR just for personal use on stage anyhow.

Yeah, I always go FOH at the gigs. Get a band mix from the house monitor. The HeadRush(s) will be for my side only. Really like the portability of it.

Are you having to compensate for any inherent low end boominess on the Headrush speaker? I ask because I own an Alto TS210 and though I like it for PA stuff, I hate it as a modeler monitor. It does not have the tools to cut the bass, no HPF, or DSP, etc. Like the JBL eq/DSP internal tools. Do you find you do not need those with the HR, or do you compensate on your modeler eq?

Just got Red Sound active cab, sounds amazing at home volume. I will try it on rehearsal in two days.
How you like it so far live and for rehearsal? What kind of sounds are you using it for? Are cleans coming out nicely?

Thx

Are you having to compensate for any inherent low end boominess on the Headrush speaker? I ask because I own an Alto TS210 and though I like it for PA stuff, I hate it as a modeler monitor. It does not have the tools to cut the bass, no HPF, or DSP, etc. Like the JBL eq/DSP internal tools. Do you find you do not need those with the HR, or do you compensate on your modeler eq?

I actually find the HeadRush HRHR quite good but yes, I did have to compensate on EQ a bit however there is a contour setting which works on the FRFR similar to my EON610s.

If this helps, I recently bought an Alto TS308 to add to my PA and tried that as well with the AX8. It basically has the same power amp as the HeadRush and it's twin, the Alto TS312 but in a tiny package. Nice tight sound but a little hard on the upper mids and treble requiring more EQ. Prefer the HeadRush.

In the end, it is a workable solution. In my pre-AX8 days, I had an Alto TS-112 with my Roland GR-55 and while it sounded OK, would never consider that today.

Personal lesson and my 2 cents worth: No getting away from the higher end FRFR speakers, These lower price units are decent but in the end, yeah, I can see the higher end makes specifically for modelling doing a noticeably better job.

Has anyone tried out that new Celestion 12" speaker specifically designed for modelers? Wonder how one or 2 of those with a flat PA power amp would sound like in comparison.

I actually find the HeadRush HRHR quite good but yes, I did have to compensate on EQ a bit however there is a contour setting which works on the FRFR similar to my EON610s.

If this helps, I recently bought an Alto TS308 to add to my PA and tried that as well with the AX8. It basically has the same power amp as the HeadRush and it's twin, the Alto TS312 but in a tiny package. Nice tight sound but a little hard on the upper mids and treble requiring more EQ. Prefer the HeadRush.

In the end, it is a workable solution. In my pre-AX8 days, I had an Alto TS-112 with my Roland GR-55 and while it sounded OK, would never consider that today.

Personal lesson and my 2 cents worth: No getting away from the higher end FRFR speakers, These lower price units are decent but in the end, yeah, I can see the higher end makes specifically for modelling doing a noticeably better job.

Has anyone tried out that new Celestion 12" speaker specifically designed for modelers? Wonder how one or 2 of those with a flat PA power amp would sound like in comparison.

Prob. will try the Yamaha DBR or DXR... They have multiple HPF settings and such...

How you like it so far live and for rehearsal? What kind of sounds are you using it for? Are cleans coming out nicely?

Thx
Well, after Matrix (amp + cab) or direct to FOH which is too sterile to me, I found this like a missing link between Fractal and FOH. Rehersal, no problem, plenty of power, headroom. Generaly I am 90% drive player (70', to 90' rock and hard rock), not much cleans but in my opinion cleans are also good. Take a look at Marko Fanton Youtube channel. He is on Red Sound also.

Just got in the Peavey RBN110 and am shocked at how good everything sounds through it. Waiting on a pair of the 12s to use with my band.

Back
Top Bottom