Lakini's Juice/Live
My Sack of Flies/Creed ;)
Godsmack/Serenity
Godsmack/Stay Away
Seether/Words as Weapons
Chevelle/Red (drop C#)
Chevelle/Take Out The Gunman (drop C)
Days of The New/ Touch, Peel, and Stand

Have even done some Bro Country upon request in drop tuning, but will leave them
out. For now. ;)

Everlong - Foo Fighters
Monkey Wrench - Foo Fighters
Outshined - Soundgarden
Spoonman - Soundgarden
Shine - Collective Soul
The Middle - Jimmy Eat World
A Praise Chorus - Jimmy Eat World
Forty Six & 2 - Tool
The Beautiful People - Marilyn Manson
Hey Man, Nice Shot - Filter
Unchained - Van Halen
No More Tears - Ozzy
Lay It Down - Ratt

Pearl Jam - Even Flow
Nirvana - Lithium (or maybe it's just the bass)

Crawling in the Dark Hoobastank (which we have a preset for.)

Open E, most of it at least. In the chorus it kind of sounds like there could be some low D notes, but I'm pretty sure that's just the new part (beginning with a slide down) playing 5356(3)x while the other tracks play d-a-e in 10th position.

Pearl Jam - Even Flow
Nirvana - Lithium (or maybe it's just the bass)

Even Flow: Open D (Gossard) + standard (McCready)
Lithium: D standard (guitar & bass)

It's open E: E-B-E-G#-B-E

The first note (F#) is 5th string, 7th fret. At 0:18 he uses the Dsus2 shape I mentioned above.

You're right. I remember seeing that tuning in a magazine transcription now that you mention it. But I did just run thru the whole song in drop D, and it sure seems simpler if you were going to play it live (since so many other songs are in drop D.) Plus I like getting that low D "I've been.... dark looking...

You're right. I remember seeing that tuning in a magazine transcription now that you mention it. But I did just run thru the whole song in drop D, and it sure seems simpler if you were going to play it live (since so many other songs are in drop D.) Plus I like getting that low D "I've been.... dark looking...
There's often no need to be a stickler about the original tuning. Somebody mentioned Red above. Chevelle doesn't play it in in drop tuning, but I find I like it better when I play it in drop tuning.

There's often no need to be a stickler about the original tuning. Somebody mentioned Red above. Chevelle doesn't play it in in drop tuning, but I find I like it better when I play it in drop tuning.

They may not play it in "drop" tuning but you do need that low C# or it ain't happenin'. :)

They seem to have songs all over the place as far as tunings go. Some in standard but dropped
to C or C#. Pretty sure we have one of theirs we do in drop B. Jars, I think--just off the top of my head.

Fun songs.

Back
Top Bottom