• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Favorite Drop D Songs

AJ Vargas

Experienced
Strictly Drop D, I can think of:

Home - Dream Theater
Stockholm Syndrome - Muse
Between Angels & Insects - Papa Roach
Everlong - Foo Fighters
Slither - Velvet Revolver
Like light to the flies - Trivium
Nightmare - Avenged Sevenfold
Walk - Pantera
Lay it down - RATT
Killing in the name - RATM
Spoonman - Soundgarden
Du riechst so gut - Rammstein
The beautiful people - Marilyn Manson
Anything by TOOL

Can't remember if The thing that should not be by Metallica was originally recorded in Drop D or D standard...

la noise

Power User
Can't remember if The thing that should not be by Metallica was originally recorded in Drop D or D standard...

I was wondering the same about Sad But True. We play it in Drop D, but I have read that Metallica
did it in D Standard.

Bakerman

Axe-Master
Walk - Pantera

Walk = D standard (somewhat flat, closer to C# if A = 440)

TTSNB: D standard, except solo seems to be E standard. There are a couple open G (3rd string) notes just before and after the harmonized bit.

Top Bottom