Favorite drive pedals for bass?

We have the Darkglass microtubes X7 and the sound with our rig is awesome. We use EBS reinmaster amp and Ibanez SRM805. I think it's one of the most versatile distortions for bass there is. I mean it's a modern sound but it's great :)

Fuzz is fun - pi fuzz gets nasty quick. I think I tried an OCD on a preset?

If you want a little beef without changing too much of the core sound, try the tape drive.

Is the darkglass model too quite for anyone else? Even with the drive at 10, mix at 100 and level at max, the darkglass model is noticeably quieter than my dry signal. Am I doing something wrong? I am in the latest Cygnus firmware.

Is the darkglass model too quite for anyone else? Even with the drive at 10, mix at 100 and level at max, the darkglass model is noticeably quieter than my dry signal. Am I doing something wrong? I am in the latest Cygnus firmware.
Matches the real pedal. Real pedal has very low output. Don't know why they did it that way.
Cliff mentioned the actual pedal level is very low

I'm very traditional... I like using the Ampeg amp/cab (4x10), but have not experimented with the drive pedals on the FM3 for bass. I have the Hagerman VALVE going through the FX Loop (placed between the amp and cab blocks), which really breaths life into the tone... more natural sounding to my ears than the other drive pedals. I keep that VALVE only quarter way up to avoid 'driving' the signal, but to add that tube warmth. Through the front end I use the Heart Muller (I just placed a review on it, in this forum section) with a demo. It's a bass OD from Sweden. I don't have any comparisons, since I just started doing some of my own bass tracks, but a wide variety of tones available with that pedal, from deep and fretless sounding to punchy rock.

Darkglass pedal having low output is an absolute untruth. He said he bought a new pedal because he found out his original one was broken, but IMO it sounds nothing like the B7K and serves more as a signal reducer ... I have the B7K and the Plugin and the Axe model is NOT like them at all

Darkglass pedal having low output is an absolute untruth. He said he bought a new pedal because he found out his original one was broken, but IMO it sounds nothing like the B7K and serves more as a signal reducer ... I have the B7K and the Plugin and the Axe model is NOT like them at all
I wonder if the maker is sending him bogus pedals because they know who he is and what he's doing with them.

Not all gear makers see having models of their stuff in Fractal software as an opportunity...

For external gear, I love the MXR M-80’s distortion. I’ve heard people complain about it, but I really like it.

For internal (Fractal models) as far as I know, the only actual bass distortion is the DarkGlass, correct?

Depends on your definition of distortion. There's also the Esoteric Bass RCB, but yeah, that's not really a distortion pedal.

Back
Top Bottom