Favorite Coffee

The best coffee I've ever had in my life was REAL coffee like how it's supposed to be made from a place near me (Chicagoland area), place called Aladdin Pita. It's that strait up no BS grit and sandy guff in the bottom of the cup kinda coffee. They bring it out under a tiny little cooker type deal it's amazing. Like drinking what they drank 1000 yrs ago. No cream crap, no sugar...it's kinda like a great steak, you only need that creamy sugar or flavoring crap when you either haven't had the real deal or you actually don't even like it to begin with lol

Meh,

When I put breakfast on the table, it's Folger's iced coffe only. Not the usual crunchy nuts and twigs.

Meh,

When I put breakfast on the table, it's Folger's iced coffe only. Not the usual crunchy nuts and twigs.
We like what we like. Nothing wrong with that. Folgers and cold weather camping are peanut butter and jelly for me.

I used to really enjoy this Douwe Egberts coffee, that was weirdly a concentrate. Then all of a sudden, you couldn't get it in the US anymore.

I was at a little Greek restaurant for breakfast one morning, and they had this pretty good coffee that turned out to be Lavazza Il Filtro Classico, so I've been buying that.

At work I have to use K-cups. They shut off our big coffee maker because of covid, but for some reason having us use a Keurig is okay.

Has anyone elses coffee doubled in price recently?

We like what we like. Nothing wrong with that. Folgers and cold weather camping are peanut butter and jelly for me.

Yup. Right after Pampers and Pull-Ups, I was like, "Mom, could you make me a cuppa iced coffee and a PBJ..." :tongueclosed: Mom said, "Not on your life, Mister." :smile:

That is the nastiest crap ever.

Compared to Folgers, this is battery acid...cold...on an empty stomach...

Take that, anti Folgers guitar person guy

I’m not a coffee drinker; my caffeinated beverage of choice is Japanese green tea – loose leaf, prepared in a French press.

My go-to version is genmaicha, which mixes green tea leaves with roasted (and popped!) brown rice kernels.

God, I love it so. A liter every morning, and if I’m working, another in the afternoon. From Wikipedia: “The sugar and starch from the rice cause the tea to have a warm, full, nutty flavor.”

Whatever the reason, it works for me … and has been part of my daily routine since 1996, when I first discovered it during a visit to San Francisco.
iu.jpeg

A good coffee can make or break your morning. Cool to read all the suggestions above.

My biggest question back to you all - what have you found as the best device to make your coffee??
If someone says Keurig, so help me.....
I've tried a few different average brand coffee makers (mr. coffee, braun) and most of them suck to be honest.
I have yet to find an awesome coffee maker.

Who's got a good suggestion?

A good coffee can make or break your morning. Cool to read all the suggestions above.

My biggest question back to you all - what have you found as the best device to make your coffee??
If someone says Keurig, so help me.....
I've tried a few different average brand coffee makers (mr. coffee, braun) and most of them suck to be honest.
I have yet to find an awesome coffee maker.

Who's got a good suggestion?

Real baristas do pour over, and there is a method to it to perfect the brew.
After trying all the different "more convenient" and less "labour intensive" methods
I have to agree. Pour over with the right grind and optimal temp on your water.
It doesn't get better, in my experience, even as others will chime in with some
far more $$$$ options that will save you time. :)

https://perfectdailygrind.com/2020/07/tips-for-next-level-pour-over-coffee-brewing/

Real baristas do pour over, and there is a method to it to perfect the brew.
My favorite coffee making devices are the ones that produce a consistent cup with minimal effort on my part. Then I know what I'm getting. Same beans, same grind, same brew method should yield same taste every time. So for me: Aeropress (which is a little finicky like a pour over setup) and my Oxo Barista Brain.

Pour over can certainly do that, but it's a process that is labour-intensive to get right every time; you need the same weight of beans and water, the same temperature water, the same pour time and bloom durations -- it's finicky. You can achieve pour over consistency without having to invest in so much labour. A real barista does a pour over because that's what they get paid to do for their job. I'm not, by trade, a barista, so I don't sweat what real baristas do that much. I just sweat what gets me that consistent cup of coffee every morning.

Last edited:
My favorite coffee making devices are the ones that produce a consistent cup with minimal effort on my part. Then I know what I'm getting. Same beans, same grind, same brew method should yield same taste every time. So for me: Aeropress (which is a little finicky like a pour over setup) and my Oxo Barista Brain.

Pour over can certainly do that, but it's a process that is labour-intensive to get right every time; you need the same weight of beans and water, the same temperature water, the same pour time and bloom durations -- it's finicky. You can achieve pour over consistency without having to invest in so much labour. A real barista does a pour over because that's what they get paid to do for their job. I'm not, by trade, a barista, so I don't sweat what real baristas do that much. I just sweat what gets me that consistent cup of coffee every morning.
I'm in the same boat...trying to find something that is consistently good, with minimal effort.
Looking at the Oxo and Technivorm machines.

Not doubting that pour over wouldn't yield better results, but definitely a bit less convenient.

It's only "finicky" if we haven't invested enough time in the process to
make it not finicky at all.

I personally enjoy learning the methods of the best in their field and trying to implement
their "craft" in my own life---even if I am not technically paid to do it as a profession. Whether
playing music or smoking meat or kneading dough it is not always about expedience---for me. :)

That said, I get that mornings are often rushed and harried for a lot of us. Meaning, no time for that shit!! ;)

For me, this is what gets me a good cup of coffee every morning…..
1. weigh out .55 ounces of beans and throw them in the grinder
2. put 12 ounces Culligan filtered water in the Cuisenart coffee maker
3. put ground coffee into filter and load it up in the Cuisenart and hit go…
six minutes later you have one great cup of coffee…..I drink it black for intermittent fasting, so it has to be good….and it is.

Back
Top Bottom