Favorite Clean Amp Model for pedals?

What amp models and cabs do you prefer for a clean platform for analog overdrive and distortion pedals? I like to use pedals along with the AX8 from time to time.
Currently I am using the Bassman model.
What's your favorite?

Hmm, I got the AX8 to ditch my pedals. I’m still pretty new to the unit.

I still have my Allen Old Flame which devours drive pedals, along with a ton of overdrives, distortions and a few fuzzes. Now you’ve got me wondering what something like the Rockett Archer or The Dude would sound like through one of the Fractal Fender models.

good question!!!i was looking for the same answer!! and what cabs we can use with those clean amps?
I use a Non-factory cab (JBL E130 SM157) on the Lonestar and Carr, and I use F034 on the 50w Plexi. If you want to try the JBL cab I put it at the AxeChange along with a few of my presets. Just search for my name. As I recall, I posted my Lonestar and my Carr presets there, but they will not work for you unless you load the JBL cab into your user cabs.

I use a Non-factory cab (JBL E130 SM157) on the Lonestar and Carr, and I use F034 on the 50w Plexi. If you want to try the JBL cab I put it at the AxeChange along with a few of my presets. Just search for my name. As I recall, I posted my Lonestar and my Carr presets there, but they will not work for you unless you load the JBL cab into your user cabs.

thank you im going right now to the axechange!!!

My go to preset is the Double Verb which is a black face twin. Lots of head room. I X/Y the amp to a Dumble in the Y position. With a drive block in the front with X set to mild drive and Y to more I find it to be extremely versatile patch.

Block looks like this. Volume->drive block->amp-cab->compressor->tremolo->delay->reverb.

I live in this patch 99% of the time

Other amps I like for clean are:
Fractal Class A
Carr Rambler
Divided by 13 CJ
Morgan AC/20

FYI You can set the input drive to 0.5 to simulate the low input jack on an amp. You'll get more head room.

Back
Top Bottom