Favorite amp for 80's hair?

Brit Silver is my new favourite for this - The Atomica is also on fire, if you're into the Van Halen sound.

try modding a JCM800 and a MkIIC
for both of them:
- set the MV=Post-PI
- boost switch = on
- cut switch = on
- FILTER block in front of the amp set:
-- type = null
-- low cut = 700
-- high cut = 880

If anyone has any presets they're willing to share, would hugely appreciate it! In an 89s hair tribute band and still trying to find the right sound (play stereo through 2 Marshall 4x12s and VHT 2/50/2. Reb Beach's rhythm and solo sounds on "In the Heart of the Young" (e.g "Easy Come, Easy Go) is a target I'm working towards...

FAS lead 1 is great for 80's hair metal! Great attack and definition. All the Soldanos will do the trick too. I like to add a pitch shifter for a slight detune effect. FAS Hotrod and Spawn OD 2 gear 1 are 80's all the way too! Plenty of choices! Except for the Spandex amp! Cliff, we need a Spandex amp model!!

Just discovered the Atomica High last week. It has changed my life! The Friedman HBE was not working that well on stage at high volumes with my FR212 cab. Not really sure why, but the Atomica has more hair, more attitude, and i can crank it without the issues I was having before.

Back
Top Bottom