Favorite amp/cab combos for clean and edge of breakup

Shiver Clean + 1x6 Oval is the winning combo for me. So warm and satisfying to play. It's fun to play around with the input gain and master volume for hitting the edge of breakup sweet spot.
I spent a lot of time this week with this setup and wow its really is something else with a strat especially.

I spent a lot of time this week with this setup and wow its really is something else with a strat especially.
Pleased to hear that. Its so fun to just crank at high volume isn't it?

I have a strat that's currently unwired and I can't wait to hear it once it's all soldered up!

I usually play mid/high gain stuff, but the PRINCE TONE AA964 has been really aweseome. I'm using a YA 4x12 Marsh greenback IR and it sounds glorious.

Shiver Clean + 1x6 Oval is the winning combo for me. So warm and satisfying to play. It's fun to play around with the input gain and master volume for hitting the edge of breakup sweet spot.
Nice suggestion. I've just been goofing with this. I'm still sold on my ODS for most of my tones, but this sounds soooo good.

I've just 'discovered' the Bogfish Strato and it's coming close to being a 'go to' model.
After all is said and done many of these amp models will work for me it is just that I get hooked on a sound for a while and then move on to another. Rolling back the volume knob on the guitar and opening the amp up a little more has also provided an epiphany of sorts.

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Amplifier_models_list

Last edited:
I've just 'discovered' the Bogfish Strato and it's coming close to being a 'go to' model.
After all is said and done many of these amp models will work for me it is just that I get hooked on a sound for a while and then move on to another. Rolling back the volume knob on the guitar and opening the amp up a little more has also provided an epiphany of sorts.

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Amplifier_models_list
I just messed around with both the Bogfish models last night for the first time in a while... But for lead sounds. I don't think I ever tried to dial them back. Definitely should try that!

Back
Top Bottom