Favorite ‘big clean’ amp?

jdolll

Inspired
I’m struggling to get a big clean amp sound that really does it for me. The tone in my head is close to an old silver face deluxe that an acquaintence owns. What are your favorite amps for big clean sounds (with verb). Bonus for clips &/or patches. Thanks!

I’ve really been enjoying the Morgan models for cleans. I’ve had the most luck balancing those amps as far as having some nice bottom end and sparkle.

I’m struggling to get a big clean amp sound that really does it for me. The tone in my head is close to an old silver face deluxe that an acquaintence owns. What are your favorite amps for big clean sounds (with verb). Bonus for clips &/or patches. Thanks!

I wonder if the IR used might not be the most important part of the equation? That being said, the Badger 30 has been my favorite amp for cleans since the Axe2, but I'm also using the a few of the Fenders nowadays, especially with singlecoils.

Austin

From what I've seen...most 'big clean' tones are rarely completely clean. It's a matter of taste.

Try any Fender that comes close to the sound in your head, then turn down drive/input drive and/or MV until you're where you think you should be.

I liked the USA Clean and Shiver Clean as well, but they, IMO sounded more sterile to me. Which works great on some songs...not others.

It does help if you provide an example of what you call 'Big Clean'. Everyones opinion/ear is different.

Yeah dude, the last 3 already mentioned it, but the USA Clean has the fullest and "biggest" sound as far as Im concerned. A lot of "meat" to it, lots of head room, and very little break up.

Try the Shiver Clean too
Thanks
Pauly

I wonder if the IR used might not be the most important part of the equation?
Austin
For me it is : if you take a Deluxe and use a 2X12 or 4X12 Mesa V30 IR (OH, JY,..) with -or even without- a very little tweak on the amp side you have something bigger and realy nice. But of course all this is subjective and personal...

USA Clean as some have noted is awesome. Clean Mesa which I've always thought was some of the best clean ever. Not so mid-scooped as Fender. That said, it's hard to know where to start with Fenders. One thing I know is that I tend to turn the input trim way down otherwise it never gets as clean as I want. That said, I then turn the gain up until it fattens just a bit, amount of fattening and slight breakup depends on what flavor "clean" you're looking for.

The sound in my head was a loud, clean drip edge silverface deluxe. I should have been more up front with that.
You said it in the original post...

Back
Top Bottom