Favorit iconic riffs and tones

Sixstring

Legend!
Just like the title sugests and it can be whatever you like it's not restricted to just Rock, Metal or Jazz. Throw out a few of your Faves!

For tone my Faves are Kings X, Boston, Queen because they have such a unique quality to them.

For riffs I have to go with Def Leppard's High N Dry, AC/DC's Back in Black and Van Halen's first album.

I guess I'm just stuck in the early 80's For some reason I just never get tired of hearing this stuff.

Last edited:
Lots of late 80s, early 90s stuff for me: Metallica - Puppets, Whitesnake - 1987, Skid Row - Slave To The Grind, Dio, early Queensryche, etc. Great riffs and tone there. Also lots of 70s riffs from the likes of Sabbath, Zeppelin, Floyd, Yes, etc.

Just like the title sugests and it can be whatever you like it's not restricted to just Rock, Metal or Jazz. Through out a few of your Faves!

For tone my Faves are Kings X, Boston, Queen because they have such a unique quality to them.

For riffs I have to go with Def Leppard's High N Dry, AC/DC's Back in Black and Van Halen's first album.

I guess I'm just stuck in the early 80's For some reason I just never get tired of hearing this stuff.

Sounds pretty damned good to me!!

Whole Lotta Love
Heartbreaker (LZ not Pat Benatar, although I like playing that tune)
I'm the One
Day Tripper
Fire (Jimi, not Pointer Sisters)
Carry On My Wayward Son
Long Train Runnin'
Need Your Loving Tonight

Stellar riffs and tone.

I Love Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and many others, as well as what has already been posted. For some others, The opening riff of "Finding My Way" by Rush has always been a cool, off of their first album. "Raise Your Hands" by Bon Jovi

Back
Top Bottom