Wish Fat and Cut switch modifiers

jefferski

Fractal Fanatic
I'd love to be able to control these from an External, or from the new Controller Switches - for example, to use one switch to simultaneously turn on Boost, Cut the bass, and add some bite with Fat.

I like to use this especially on low-mid gain amps to go from fairly clean to more drive for solos or crunchier rhythms, but on a lot of amps just hitting Boost will cause the low end to get too thick. This way you can go to a solo boost w/ more mids to cut through and trim off that low end, all with one switch. Currently I use Amp x/y (and/or scenes), but this would be a more streamlined way to do it, and it also has the benefit of saving Amp Y for something else in the same preset, like a completely different amp/sound. And it eliminates the x/y dropout.

It's been asked for before, but I'll add another +1, along with a huge PLEASE.

It would be incredibly useful. I could see the ability to use both the fat and bright controls or the boost and cut controls simultaneously being very useful. Think about it; boosting often creates flubby low end (with certain amp models). Turning on the cut control eliminates much of that mud. Fat + Bright could be instant lead tone without a drive block.

Lots of possibilities by adding the ability to use modifiers with those controls.

Back
Top Bottom