Fastest solo ever?

I believe that over a certain speed you can't really hear the notes and it becomes useless and maybe ridiculous 🤣 sometimes. But I think this guy is the fastest I've ever heard

Holy F... I’m still struggling to play the sultans of swing outro solo riff...

Marchbank's a mimer. His hands never match what's happening notewise on those parts with the super even attack and no audible sliding at position shifts. (Some of his videos/clips do seem to have live audio, like 0:25-0:50 of that video.)

Another guy that I think fits that mold, who is INCREDIBLY FUCKING FAST, is Jason Richardson. But to my ears, his music literally sucks.
your right - tbh, I’ve only seen a little of his work on YouTube just now, and yes; he’s simply a technician in the same vein, probably the “fastest nu metal” guitarist of the moment, without a doubt incredibly talented and fast but I didn’t hear anything musical as you noted ....

I also don’t think he’s quite on the level of Batio, or even JP/Impelliterri, but maybe that because I’m turned off, and I can’t define it exactly (maybe it’s the nature of the YouTube videos and subsequent interviews), but let’s just say I don’t see anything special or charismatic about him at all, he’s almost like a salesman to me.

He’s undoubtedly almost/is as fast, but there’s not much behind it (again I always think of Rock Discipline and Speed Kills when comparing guitarists because those Guitar videos were foundational/monumental to this generation; in fact I think that’s where guys like JR learned their speed from, and not from playing or learning it through actual music {use Paganini as a single example}..so if speed is the ultimate goal, I can tell it was REH videos these guys should thank ;) )

I don’t mean to sound like a negative critic or hater, but when your famous or known as the current “master” of this generation, your open to public opinion and criticism, just being honest - to put it another way, I find Angelo very entertaining, very funny and charismatic, and very engaging - and he’s yet humble about being the only virtuoso of his kind yet to be seen. I mean I think I respect that Angelo pivoted from “musicianship” to technical teaching and his wheelhouse - vulgar displays of power. He TRIES to write music, but maybe his technical genius gets in the way? but no one can play a guitar in every position, both hands, simultaneously, upside down and backwards ..... I don’t think we’ll ever see a “freak of nature” like Michael Angelo again, so he’s a special guitarist to be respected in his own right. As are the others I mentioned....this new guy, eh not so much , spend a year doing Rock Discipline and speed kills every day and if you have the technical ability/talent (which admittedly not everyone has, unfortunately but that’s the gods distribution of gifts; not everyone is a lead or speed player), you’ll be as fast.

use Paganini as a single example
Absolutely!! I learned some of his Caprice in A Minor, and you can HEAR the musicality, instantly! And I think another aspect of these types of comparisons, is that a lot of really good players, simply cannot recognize truly great composition. They tend to equate shredding with musical genius, and nothing could be further from the truth. I guess that's why bands like AC/DC and ABBA have far more fans than MAB, or Dream Theater, lol. (Not knocking a great pop song by the way; S.O.S. is one of my favorites, but I digress...)

Stephen Taranto, Charles Caswell, Jakub Zytecki, David Maxim Micic...so many crazy good guitarists out there

I like Richardson. I think he manages to extract quite a bit of musicality from his brutal technique. He’s also still young, I think he will take us places later on when he realizes he doesn’t have to play fast and brutal all the time,

Back
Top Bottom