Fastest/most seamless way to switch amps

Thenewexhibit

Experienced
Hey, guys! I’m goong to start off by saying I apologize in advance.. I am probably the biggest noob on this forum haha

I have an Axe iii and just got my FC12, and getting stoked to start programming!

That being said, what is the fastest and most seamless way to switch amps? I think switching presets has a decent gap from what I’ve read, so is channels the best way to do this? Are scenes for channel changes? Can you change channels within the same scene? Would I be better off using two amp blocks and muting/unmuting amps?

What’s the scoop, and what are you guys finding yourselves doing? What seems most practical to you guys? I’d love to hear your thoughts!

Using both Amp blocks would be the fastest (one block engages when the other is bypassed). For my purposes, changing channels on one Amp Block is plenty fast.

Using both Amp blocks would be the fastest (one block engages when the other is bypassed). For my purposes, changing channels on one Amp Block is plenty fast.
Cool! Thanks for the reply! Is the channel changing done via scenes, or can that be done within a single scene?

On another note, do all 8 scenes of a preset have to share the same four a-b-c-d amps?

Cool! Thanks for the reply! Is the channel changing done via scenes, or can that be done within a single scene?

Either can be set up. I think most people use scene switching, but switches can be set up for channel switching within a scene.

On another note, do all 8 scenes of a preset have to share the same four a-b-c-d amps?

Depends on what you mean. AMP1 has A-D distinct channels (settings) and if in your preset AMP2 also has A-D distinct channels. Which is selected and/or bypassed can vary uniquely by scene. For example a preset with 8 scenes could cycle through all 8 channels, one per scene. Or you could have both amps engaged with different combinations of channels in each per scene.

Have you experienced slow preset changing, even with the new foot controller? I use an old controller and my preset changes are almost seamless.
Oh, not at all! Actually, I haven't experienced anything! haha I'm gonna be starting my initial building and getting a feel for the FC12 tonight! Just feeling out what people are doing, as I have no idea where to start for layouts hahah

Trying changing amp channels with Scenes. For example set scene one with amp channel A and scene 2 with amp channel B. Try it with Axe Edit turned off. Although my switching is still really fast even with it on.

Can one plug in a trs footswitch into an expression jack and assign channel switching to it?

The manual talks about using the expression jacks for additional footswitch. Can a generic multiple switch pedal work?

One AMP block can get you four channels - these channels can be four 'different' amps or the same amp set 4 different ways etc.
Scenes will switch whatever blocks (within the preset) you want.

Combining the above gives you the flexibility of the Scenes and Channels within the same preset - add another AMP block and you just doubled your channels. Same for most other blocks.

Reactions: ESW
Back
Top Bottom