Fast!

yesfan

Inspired
Last edited:
Great technical skill,but this kinda thing is not impressive anymore.Actually it was kinda boring.

I am not buying his cd if he has one! LOL. I just said fast not melodic or worth listening too. Trust me I stopped listening to shred long before most on here started! LOL. I actually have a homemade cassette tape that is the only one of a guy from the 70s named George Cordoba who played with Charos husband Xaviar Cugat! He plays live in his back yard flight of the Bumblebee faster than this! When I first heard before John Pettruci Steve Morses solo the Bash Live at the Montreal jazz Festival I realized that fast doesn't make a great solo but as far as I am concerned it doesn't hurt when needed and this guy plays clean on an acoustic is fast! The song is not meant to be enjoyed. Lets see what he can write or not! By the way I have seen Dream Theater 3 times because they where playing with bands I wanted to see and I will take Yes with the slower time any day!!

As usual with these types of videos: MIDI track far louder than the actual guitar, picking speed doesn't actually progress with the tempo. Even on the first (220 bpm) video he's picking slower than 16ths in places.

I think Gene Simmons said it best when he said...

"I'd rather hear an A-chord that can crack a rib than a guy that sounds like a bunch of angry bees."

Funny I remember thinking Genes statement was the most idiotic thing I'd ever heard--he was basically saying I want a crappy guitarist, so "I" and Paul dont sound so bad. He would take fast Eddie Clark of motorhead over Guthrie Govan.

I cracked up when I read the first youtube post he got. Re: Gene - I think he was referring to Vinnie Vincent who at the time, Gene thought was technically good but had not enough badass rocker feeling in his music (though Kiss to me is not a badass rocker kinda deal). Ace was the man for Kiss.

Re: Gene - I think he was referring to Vinnie Vincent who at the time, Gene thought was technically good but had not enough badass rocker feeling in his music (though Kiss to me is not a badass rocker kinda deal). Ace was the man for Kiss.
This

It did become really obnoxious. Speed isn't everything. I can't speed pick that fast on one note. For the sake of speed, it's impressive, particularly on a nylon string acoustic. Otherwise...

It did become really obnoxious. Speed isn't everything. I can't speed pick that fast on one note. For the sake of speed, it's impressive, particularly on a nylon string acoustic. Otherwise...

LOL! No Rachmaninoff fans in the house? That is a famous classical piece called Flight Of The BumbleBee. This guitar player is really great, its just not real evident here. Some of his other material is really beautiful and played with a high level of skill.

As usual with these types of videos: MIDI track far louder than the actual guitar, picking speed doesn't actually progress with the tempo. Even on the first (220 bpm) video he's picking slower than 16ths in places.
The video I watched was in perfect sync. I zoomed in on his picking hand and it was clear. Go figure. It was here: Fastest guitarist In The World , Vahid Iran Shahi

Edit: Its an odd thing. The video looks sped up in places while simultaneously not sped up. It not possible for me to tell, I can only speculate.

One thing that always bothered me about videos like this is that the notes played are mostly just 1-2-3-4....etc..now if he played a pentatonic scale forward and backwards at half this speed I would be more impressed

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 4

Back
Top Bottom