FASPICE XD?

Robboman

Fractal Fanatic
Marketing titles for things are a good sign.. will we see FM3 with FASPICE XD soon?

Introducing FASPICE XD
Firmware 10 marks the release of our new FASPICE XD, a revolution in digital modeling technology. Instead of the crude waveshapers used by other amp modelers, FASPICE XD uses a proprietary acceleration technique to solve complex circuit equations in real time. The result is the best sounding Axe-Fx ever, with tighter bass, crunchier midrange, and more high-end chime. Players love the results, as seen in the following comments by some of our customers who have already installed firmware 10:

Marketing titles for things are a good sign.. will we see FM3 with FASPICE XD soon?

Introducing FASPICE XD
Firmware 10 marks the release of our new FASPICE XD, a revolution in digital modeling technology. Instead of the crude waveshapers used by other amp modelers, FASPICE XD uses a proprietary acceleration technique to solve complex circuit equations in real time. The result is the best sounding Axe-Fx ever, with tighter bass, crunchier midrange, and more high-end chime. Players love the results, as seen in the following comments by some of our customers who have already installed firmware 10:
I'm porting it to the FM-3 as we speak.

I've assumed for a long time that Fractal products were doing some sort of SPICE like simulation on actual circuit designs to achieve their emulation. I'm interpreting this announcement to mean Fractal has created a new optimized SPICE engine for their products that somehow makes real time running of the "SPICE" model more efficient. Is this correct? And if so, are there any metrics you can share for how much things have been improved? Love my AxeFX III BTW! Just trying to understand what FASPICE might mean for future FW updates and products.

Thanks!
Mark

I've assumed for a long time that Fractal products were doing some sort of SPICE like simulation on actual circuit designs to achieve their emulation. I'm interpreting this announcement to mean Fractal has created a new optimized SPICE engine for their products that somehow makes real time running of the "SPICE" model more efficient. Is this correct? And if so, are there any metrics you can share for how much things have been improved? Love my AxeFX III BTW! Just trying to understand what FASPICE might mean for future FW updates and products.

Thanks!
Mark
https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=Drive_block

If you do a find for “faspice” on that page, think that collects all the information that’s been made public about it since it first came about w/ the drive block update in Ares 3.00...

I've assumed for a long time that Fractal products were doing some sort of SPICE like simulation on actual circuit designs to achieve their emulation. I'm interpreting this announcement to mean Fractal has created a new optimized SPICE engine for their products that somehow makes real time running of the "SPICE" model more efficient. Is this correct?
FASPICE was introduced back in February. FASPICE XD, introduced this month, is an improvement on that.

And if so, are there any metrics you can share for how much things have been improved?... Just trying to understand what FASPICE might mean for future FW updates and products.
Let's say the answer was 2.3. How would you use that information to predict future FW updates?

FASPICE was introduced back in February. FASPICE XD, introduced this month, is an improvement on that.

Let's say the answer was 2.3. How would you use that information to predict future FW updates?

Well if it was 2.3x the processing power then I'd know presets could get a heck of a lot bigger without overloading the CPU. But all I'm really trying to do is understand what this means other than they gave the modeling engine a new name.

Well if it was 2.3x the processing power then I'd know presets could get a heck of a lot bigger without overloading the CPU.
Preset size has little direct relationship to computational complexity. And we don't know what portions of what algorithms use real-time SPICE. In any case, preset size has historically been a pretty small factor in firmware updates.

But all I'm really trying to do is understand what this means other than they gave the modeling engine a new name.
You pretty much nailed that four posts ago. :)

I had a feeling that this is what was going on behind the scenes with such rapid updates on smaller file sizes and fastor execution.

ever since FASpice in the drives rework, you had to know this was eventual.

great stuff FAS!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom