FASPICE XD for AX8?

nP08giY.png

Only thing we know is FASPICE XD requires a little bit more CPU, dunno if AX8 can handle it...
But we also know Cliff is porting it to FM-3 which has *"about the same" CPU as AX8

*paraphrasing Cliff, yes I know there are differences

But we also know Cliff is porting it to FM-3 which has *"about the same" CPU as AX8

*paraphrasing Cliff, yes I know there are differences

"Yup. Uses an SC587. The SHARC+ core has essentially the same MFLOPs as the SHARC. The overall processing power is greater than an AX-8 because of the ARM which offloads all the housekeeping stuff, USB, etc."

That's why I'm not so sure the AX8 can handle FASPICE XD, but, yeah... that's only my uneducated guess based on info thrown across the board. Only Cliff could answer this...

I'm drawing a direct line from when it was stated several weeks ago that Cliff was having issues porting Ares to the AX8 getting "the algorithms to run in the allotted time" to "I figured out a way to ensure that transcendental equations are always stiffly stable and converge in a fixed amount of time." :p

Even if Ares/FASPICE XD uses a bit more CPU the AX8 can handle that I would think since the crux-of-the-biscuit here is the algo running time...

Well the average user won't know or hear the difference. It's some proprietary stuff that Cliff and co have put under the hood, and honestly if he told us it was there in a future update we have no way to verify....it just makes the machine more efficient and able to execute things faster, and I don't think any of us would be able to tell if it was there or not...

Well the average user won't know or hear the difference. It's some proprietary stuff that Cliff and co have put under the hood, and honestly if he told us it was there in a future update we have no way to verify....it just makes the machine more efficient and able to execute things faster, and I don't think any of us would be able to tell if it was there or not...

True...but FASPICE XD modeling seems to be exactly what may allow the porting of Ares to the AX8.

I ran Ares 2.00 on my II rack (which I've sold recently) and I crave some of that Ares magic in the AX8.

Totally agreed and totally hoping for the same!

The AX8 is such a fantastic piece of gear, perfect for so many users, if we can only get some of that new magic! FASPICE XD may indeed be the ticket but we may never know, and I frankly am not getting my hopes up

If I had to make an assumption based off almost nothing, Cliff had the epiphany for Firmware 10 on the III after saying he would port 9 to the II, so that took up all his time. Now he's working on getting that FASPICE XD goodness on to the FM3, which would be his next priority. So possibly after that we'll see something happen for II and the AX8! We just have to believe haha

Also, as some of you guys said, Cliff mentioned being able to get all products on one modeling data file. Not sure what impact that has or if that includes the AX8, but it must reduce some of his workload and hopefully that leads to something for the II and the AX8

Just my 2 Cents: if the amp block may run faster, but utilizes more DSP, people would be also not that happy.

Just my 2 Cents: if the amp block may run faster, but utilizes more DSP, people would be also not that happy.

A couple people yes, but for the majority, setting reverb to 'normal' would be enough to recover the couple %CPU usage, if it meant the ax 8 could sound AMAZING as 10.02 on the iii

Hell, I'll gladly eve give up other un-needed blocks to have the amp block sound and feel this incredible! The low end is SOOOO punchy and tight and juicy! Makes you wanna just dig in and keep digging :D

A couple people yes, but for the majority, setting reverb to 'normal' would be enough to recover the couple %CPU usage, if it meant the ax 8 could sound AMAZING as 10.02 on the iii

Hell, I'll gladly eve give up other un-needed blocks to have the amp block sound and feel this incredible! The low end is SOOOO punchy and tight and juicy! Makes you wanna just dig in and keep digging :D
Naah, I just wanted to say that maybe, as a company, you have to acknowledge that some people may have problems with that behavior. :)

Back
Top Bottom