FASLINK Pinout

gdgross

Experienced
Hi all - I'm not an axIII user (AX8 until the FM3 drops), but i have a question about the FASlink. I know it provides power to the FC6/12, but does anyone know the power specs and the pinouts?

I'm planning to update my Ax8 with an FM3 and an external MIDI controller (FC is too big IMO), and I would love to tap power off theFM3 rather than wiring another wall wart on my pedalboard. (I'm pretty handy with electronics and soldering, no worries about cabling from my end.)

Thanks!

Hi all - I'm not an axIII user (AX8 until the FM3 drops), but i have a question about the FASlink. I know it provides power to the FC6/12, but does anyone know the power specs and the pinouts?

I'm planning to update my Ax8 with an FM3 and an external MIDI controller (FC is too big IMO), and I would love to tap power off theFM3 rather than wiring another wall wart on my pedalboard. (I'm pretty handy with electronics and soldering, no worries about cabling from my end.)

Thanks!
I think it will be pretty easy to figure it out with a multimeter.. Anyway, why wouldn't you use the USB A port?
Thare are a few midi controllers that can be powered via USB (voes mx or Morningstar for example)

I think it will be pretty easy to figure it out with a multimeter.. Anyway, why wouldn't you use the USB A port?
Thare are a few midi controllers that can be powered via USB (voes mx or Morningstar for example)
Excellent idea, forgot that the FM3 had the USB A! Would still have to build my own custom cable, though as I'll be using a voes MC-5jr, which has no USB port. (can't beat that skinny form factor. I look forward to an even smaller, yet more capable, pedalboard in future)

Excellent idea, forgot that the FM3 had the USB A! Would still have to build my own custom cable, though as I'll be using a voes MC-5jr, which has no USB port. (can't beat that skinny form factor. I look forward to an even smaller, yet more capable, pedalboard in future)
In that case the USB is not a viable solution (unless you use a voltage converter), the voes requires at least 7V while the USB should only supply 5v

In that case the USB is not a viable solution (unless you use a voltage converter), the voes requires at least 7V while the USB should only supply 5v
True - hopefully the FASLINK power will be high enough, they say "high signalling levels" which could mean different things to different people lol. Hopefully higher than TTL levels (5V)

True - hopefully the FASLINK power will be high enough, they say "high signalling levels" which could mean different things to different people lol. Hopefully higher than TTL levels (5V)
I think the specs for FC6/12's power requirements can be considered valid for the FASlink connection too.
9-12v
1000mA

Back
Top Bottom