FASLINK Adapters? (XLR to Ethercon)

EVHalen

Inspired
Any news on when the XA-1 and XA-2 FASLINK adapters will become available? Or do we have to wait until the Axe FX II XL is released first?

P.S. To the smart alecks: yes I know, "soon..." but I'm asking more specifically. :lol

Cliff said on Feb 18 that they were waiting for the shipment to arrive. Probably on a slow boat from China.

That must be one slow boat lol. I wish we could at least have an ETA on when we can buy them. I really don't want to have to rely on fragile ethercon cables during shows anymore.

Would buying two of these adapters make it possible to use an XLR cable between an Axe-FX II MKI and a MFC-101 MK-101?

I used to own a CAE RS10 and it had a similar jack on it as well as midi. I had a guy named Lyle Caldwell solder me up a break out box that sent midi and phantom power up a mic cable to power the Bradshaw foot switcher. I'm pretty sure any of those guys could build one of these, Dave at LA Sound, Friedman or Lyle C. I plan on holding out till the OEM ones arrive and hear about their quality and price. If they are so so I'm calling LA Sound.

Last edited:
I used to own a CAE RS10 and it had a similar jack on it as well as midi. I had a guy named Lyle Caldwell solder me up a break out box that sent midi and phantom power up a mic cable to power the Bradshaw foot switcher. I'm pretty sure any of those guys could build one of these, Dave at LA Sound, Friedman or Lyle C. I plan on holding out till the OEM ones arrive and hear about their quality and price. If they are so so I'm calling LA Sound.

FASLINK is bidirectional. You could wire one up as you said but it would only carry MIDI in one direction so you wouldn't be able to use the MFC in Axe-Fx mode.

Will they be auto-MDIX? As in, will they prevent equipment damage if accidentally using crossover CAT5/6 cables?

Back
Top Bottom