FASLINK 2 cable length limit?

Is there a known cable length limit at which the FC 6 or 12 will not receive sufficient power or signal?
Good question. Knowing that the FC's are designed to accommodate multiple daisy-chained boxes in big shows, including one box that's onstage and another one that's behind, to the side of, or below the stage, my guess is that it'll work for any practical length that you're liable to throw at it.

Good question. Knowing that the FC's are designed to accommodate multiple daisy-chained boxes in big shows, including one box that's onstage and another one that's behind, to the side of, or below the stage, my guess is that it'll work for any practical length that you're liable to throw at it.
Makes sense!

Thank you for your reply. This makes sense for the signal itself, but power is more of a question. Daisy chained FC units need to be powered by ac adapters, as we know, so we’re not expecting Faslink 2 to power downstream units. Also, when I was looking at custom 5 to 7 pin powered midi cables for my MFC, the manufacturer limited the cable length at 30’, citing power failure beyond that length as the reason. I really hope that Faslink 2 power over XLR can run 50’ or more because my Axe is up high in the rack, and I really don’t like cluttering the thru stage area with cables.

Thank you for your reply. This makes sense for the signal itself, but power is more of a question. Daisy chained FC units need to be powered by ac adapters, as we know, so we’re not expecting Faslink 2 to power downstream units. Also, when I was looking at custom 5 to 7 pin powered midi cables for my MFC, the manufacturer limited the cable length at 30’, citing power failure beyond that length as the reason. I really hope that Faslink 2 power over XLR can run 50’ or more because my Axe is up high in the rack, and I really don’t like cluttering the thru stage area with cables.
I haven't seen the design specs, so I can't say definitively what the length limit is for phantom power. But I do know that a thirty-foot cable will be long enough to keep your rack twenty feet behind you, which is enough for all but the largest stages. I also know that the conductors in the XLR cables that I've seen are much thicker than the conductors you'll find in a MIDI cable, so they'll carry power farther.

Back
Top Bottom