FAS Wreck love

Most of the FAS amps are plug and play for me. I just pull it up and match a cab to it. The eq’s are minor tweaks away from noon for the most part (especially with the Class A and Plexi type). With the Wreck, setting it is more of a challenge for me. I’ve been auditioning IRs and messing with the eq but the amp keeps coming out sounding thin. This isn’t saying that the amp model is bad, I’m just unfamiliar with how to get the tones in the neighborhood that I like.

Most of the FAS amps are plug and play for me. I just pull it up and match a cab to it. The eq’s are minor tweaks away from noon for the most part (especially with the Class A and Plexi type). With the Wreck, setting it is more of a challenge for me. I’ve been auditioning IRs and messing with the eq but the amp keeps coming out sounding thin. This isn’t saying that the amp model is bad, I’m just unfamiliar with how to get the tones in the neighborhood that I like.
I tried some G12H-75? IRs i had with it and i enjoy

The Alinco Blue AC30 by York are the best I have purchased. I have David Hislops Greenbacks, but they all sound like a sleeping bag is over the amp.. probably the nature of a greenback. I like bright and chimey.

I go back though the presets and always find new tones ,love it🎸😎 now I have another to check out😎

Trainwrecks are designed to have a very sensitive harmonic response to input volume differences. As the volume increases one side of the push-pull output will have a longer period than the other. Try turning the guitar volume down -- quite a bit. And then, turn the amp volume up -- quite a bit. Then go back and experiment with your guitar volume. Trainwrecks are unique in that they were designed to exaggerate this increasing long-short signal wave period as the input increases. As a result, the harmonics/timbre will change quite radically as the input volume increases. If the amp is already pushed to it's limit -- for input -- the distortion can be unpleasant and unexpressive. That was my first experience with a Trainwreck. I couldn't see what was so special about it. I just thought it was just a bunch of unpleasant, unexpressive distortion. I believe the Trainwreck was designed to go after the edge-of-breakup, don't-need-no-stinking-pedal, kind-of-thing. But, in a very dynamic and extremely expressive way. A Trainwreck devotee might explain it better. Extremely touch-sensitive, borderline stable, borderline chaotic, not so pedal-friendly. It sounds best when moving back-and-forth over that edge-of-breakup, IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom