FAS Reverby questions before I buy

pharmd07

Experienced
Hi all. I'm on the fence regarding purchasing the FAS reverb plugin. I have a couple questions before I buy:

1) Does it sound as good as the reverb in the AxeFX II? I hope so. So many reverb plugins sound too gritty and digital to me.

2) How processor intensive is it? Does it eat up a lot of resources? I have a desktop with an i7 7700 processor, 16 gigs of RAM, running Windows 10 and Studio One 3.

Thanks so much for your help!

1 )only you can really judge this. It is based on the same logorithm , but it sound awesome to me.
2) As Windows audio is alien to me I can't answer this either, but none of my Macs has ever choked on it.

I pulled the trigger and bought FAS reverb. Glad I did, especially since it's on sale right now for $99. It sounds great, and I definitely prefer it to the reverbs in Studio One.

It's definitely a cool plugin. It uses a bit more resources that the stock Presonus plugins, but the sound quality is definitely superior.

Once my new computer comes in, I doubt FAS Reverb will have much of an effect on the system's resources.

To me it sounds great! Sounds as good as the Axe FX's built-in reverb, or even better. The interface is intuitive and reminiscent of the Axe Edit interface.

So far I've run 3 instances of it simultaneously with no problems. I'm sure it could run more with no problem (i7-4770, Win10, 32GB, Reaper).

I bought it a couple of weeks ago for $99.99 on sale, and as of this post it's still on sale. I was prepared to buy it at full price, so discovering the sale was a nice bonus.

To me it sounds great! Sounds as good as the Axe FX's built-in reverb, or even better. The interface is intuitive and reminiscent of the Axe Edit interface.

So far I've run 3 instances of it simultaneously with no problems. I'm sure it could run more with no problem (i7-4770, Win10, 32GB, Reaper).

I bought it a couple of weeks ago for $99.99 on sale, and as of this post it's still on sale. I was prepared to buy it at full price, so discovering the sale was a nice bonus.

The sale definitely made it worth the purchase!

It's fun to load the plugin on a drum track, load up the wooden room preset (I think that's what it's called), and listen to the track with 100% reverb and no dry signal. Close your eyes, and it's almost like really being in a room on the opposite side of someone playing in the room. The reverb sounds that convincing!

I bought this last night. Immediately smiled when I saw the lovely looking gui.
There's lots of real nice presets in there and I can't wait to give it a try on acoustic guitars.
I've come to realise I really like reverb , I love big massive 80s sounding drums.

On a down note I do see gui graphical glitches. I get lines of pixels corrupting when interacting with the plugin.
I'm on an up to date Mac using cubase 9 pro or whatever they call it now.

I'd like to ask though. Is it possible that the settings would translate from the plugin to the Axe fx and sound pretty much the same?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom