1. Recent events require us to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. July 27 2018 - support.fractalaudio.com is temporarily down for updates. Please use this forum for support or see the "News" section here for additional details. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice

FAS Reverb license transfer?

Discussion in 'Plug-Ins' started by parlopower, Feb 8, 2018.

1. parlopower

parlopower
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Hi,
    I can't seem to find any info on this - is it allowed to sell and transfer the license for FAS Reverb? If so, what is the procedure? Just iLok transfer and that's it, or do I have to ask Fractal to do something, too?

2. axifist

axifist
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Isn't this regulated by EU law?

3. parlopower

parlopower
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

No idea!

4. axifist

axifist
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

See e.g. https://heise.de/-1631066, which states: "Ein Softwarehersteller kann den Weiterverkauf seiner 'gebrauchten' Lizenzen nicht verbieten.", engl.: "A software manufacturer can't prohibit the resale of his 'used' licenses.", according to the European Court of Justice.

About the procedure, I can't say anything, I don't own this plugin...

5. Admin M@

Admin M@
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Fractal Audio Systems Moderator

The way iLok works is that you deactivate the code in your account and then sell it to a 3rd party. If it doesn't work, we can destroy the old code and issue a new one. Such requests need to come from the purchaser on record with FAS.

NightWalker likes this.
  6. NightWalker

NightWalker
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

superb support man,positive grid really sucks they dont allowed license transfer:mad: