FAS Reverb Demo

have you tried searching youtube for "fas fx reverb demo"?

the quality is the same as the axe.
it's easy to use.
as far as i can tell with my limited use of it, it's very stable.

have a look at youtube for more info, man

How do you think it compares with the axe fx II reverbs, I mean does it sound exactly the same without the hardware? (except it is a true stereo reverb as the input to the reverb block is always summed on the axe).

It's actually a better algorithm than the Axe-Fx II. It has higher density and it is true stereo.

and for a non-convolution reverb, i think it's very realistic. the different spaces actually sound like the spaces they're supposed to represent.

As Simeon pointed out, FAS-Fx Reverb's echo density can go up to 16' so it can get even more lush than the hardware. Otherwise, it has the same controls and the same sound as the hardware reverb.

and for a non-convolution reverb, i think it's very realistic. the different spaces actually sound like the spaces they're supposed to represent.

Yeah, this is why the axe has been such a good reverb unit for production! The different spaces are really nice to use.

With regards to the demo I meant a working trial version of the software would be great rather than just some audio. I wouldn't rely on youtube sound quality to really tell if its worth it!

i just did a quick test by loading the fas reverb into a strip in ableton with a whole bunch of other reverb plugins and enabling them one by one. the fas reverb does seem to use slightly more cpu than others, but not as much as any of the convolution reverbs i tried. i think this attests to the quality of it though. you can almost half the cpu usage by changing the density from 16 to 8 (so it's actually the same as the hardware version), which brings it into line with many of the others i tried.

Sounds interesting, taking acount that the cpu hit for a good quality reverb plugin in a modern cpu is very small, maybe a 5-10% of a single core, (in a cpu with 4 or more cores).
Just imagine how well would run a full AXEFX plugin in a modern pc.:sunglasses::tonguewink:

I just installed it tonight and got lost for hours in some trance/ambient. Here's a short clip cycling through a few different keys and synths with a super long verb that started out as the huge cathedral preset. Multiband sidechain applied only below 2.5k on the verb.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom