FAS Modern Saturation Switch

Justmc

Inspired
This amp was always one of my favorites in past firmwares . The saturation switch drops the volume and fizzles out the sound . Is this normal ? I don't remember that happening before . Did a clean install of 15.02 and all new presets >

Thanks

Saturation button was changed in FW15 to be more realistic and that is the way it is. You need to re tweak your preset.

Saturation button was changed in FW15 to be more realistic and that is the way it is. You need to re tweak your preset.

Before he tweaks anything... As the other blokes mention, he probably needs to switch the "Saturation" from "Authentic" to "Ideal".

You can find it in the advance menu options in amp block of the Axe, or in Axe-Edit by going into the amp block and selecting the "Other" tab.

Before he tweaks anything... As the other blokes mention, he probably needs to switch the "Saturation" from "Authentic" to "Ideal".

You can find it in the advance menu options in amp block of the Axe, or in Axe-Edit by going into the amp block and selecting the "Other" tab.

Thanks for all the comments, I'll check out the suggestions ... This box just keeps getting better and better !

So, is this not a global setting? Do I have ti make this change for every single preset where the sat switch is used in 15.02?

You have to turn on the switch for each preset, and then you also select ideal or authentic at the same time.
Cheers. Would have been nice to have this as a global option too. It's something you either like or hate so would be great to be able to set and forget.

Hey Vinny

You can save a global block, i think. I've never used global blocks, so idk for sure. (You find this in the manual, wiki or some thread here at the forum)
Search GLOBAL BLOCKS. This might help you out on this quest :)

I like to to things from the freshest start every time. That way i often stumble into new and interesting stuff.
For me personally: i would not want a global switch for saturation, because it changes the amp to much. I liked to have the switch at the first/basic page better though.
But that's probably because i rarely use other than the basic controls+sat.

And it depends on my mood if i want it on or off. ;)

Hey Vinny

You can save a global block, i think. I've never used global blocks, so idk for sure. (You find this in the manual, wiki or some thread here at the forum)
Search GLOBAL BLOCKS. This might help you out on this quest :)

I like to to things from the freshest start every time. That way i often stumble into new and interesting stuff.
For me personally: i would not want a global switch for saturation, because it changes the amp to much. I liked to have the switch at the first/basic page better though.
But that's probably because i rarely use other than the basic controls+sat.

And it depends on my mood if i want it on or off. ;)
Sorry, I just meant a global setting for the behaviour so you can set it for ideal or whatever. I didn't mean to have it switched on for every amp by default.

Sorry, I just meant a global setting for the behaviour so you can set it for ideal or whatever. I didn't mean to have it switched on for every amp by default.

Aha. Now i get it. (slow summer brain)

Well that's a good idea. So +1 if possible.

Back
Top Bottom