FAS Modern II question?

Dimebucker

Experienced
Hey

Do someone know did that Fas Modern II amp block modeling change from 12.00 to 12.03? And all those Fas amps blocks ,and what was firmware when they have bee updated?

From the release notes*
"Preamp modeling now uses screen voltage from power amp in calculations rather than operating independently. This improves feel as preamp voltage will drop with power amp sag. The effect is more noticeable as Supply Sag is increased. Note that preamp sag has a long time constant and, as such, the initial pick attack is relatively unaffected while sustained sounds undergo compression. This results in a “chewier” sensation."

I think everything will be different, or at least feel different. I'm finding everything is just working better for me from the FAS models to the plexi's which I have struggled with.
Hell the Jazz120 is AMAZING to me now. It might be all placebo, but I don't care.

Hey

Yeah I was feel that different too. But my case it sadly did not work for me ,my ears was familiarize my old live tone matching sound. New firmware Fas Modern II sadly did not have that ,punch and little rugged feeling what I was have before whit that amp. And im only compare to my main ,tone match rhythm patch ,12.01vs12.03. Fas Modern II was little bit too cold and sterile ,compare to 12.1 firmware in my ears. Maybe that update all presets ,thing will help whit that problem. Or just crate my tone match again ,what I will not do. But good and amazing update that 12.03 is ,that's for sure. I found lots good things ,in that 12.03 firmware. But if my main rhythm preset ,did not have not same feeling like It was have before. Its sad for me that I can`t enjoy all those amazing new features ,what that 12.03 have.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom