FAS Modern, Deluxe Verb, Double Verb and Studio Bass Doing What They Do Best

monkeymanx

Inspired
http://soundcloud.com/joshpollard/ice

Heavy Guitars - FAS Modern
Clean Guitars - Double Verb
Leads - Deluxe Verb
Bass - Studio Bass... Duh...

This song is somewhere between the hard rock and metal zones. The heavy guitars are double tracked. My voice is all over the place. Used Izotope Ozone, Alloy, and Nectar to mix almost everything. Still demoing them and really close to purchasing. Let me know what you think.

Ice by joshpollard on SoundCloud - Hear the world

Heavy Guitars - FAS Modern
Clean Guitars - Double Verb
Leads - Deluxe Verb
Bass - Studio Bass... Duh...

This song is somewhere between the hard rock and metal zones. The heavy guitars are double tracked. My voice is all over the place. Used Izotope Ozone, Alloy, and Nectar to mix almost everything. Still demoing them and really close to purchasing. Let me know what you think.

Cool. Like the bass sound a lot! Would be great to hear a drum/bass only remix if the verse posted up in the "Bass and Other Instruments" section of the forum. ;-) What kind of bass are you using (sorry if I missed it in your gear list)? I see you've listed the Amp Block "type" for Heavy/Clean/Lead guitars.... Just curious, what is "Studio Bass" as I don't see this listed as an amp type? Or do you mean the SV Bass amp type? But we bassists would enjoy reading some of the things that went into creating your bass tone. Anything you can offer up would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sorry, yea, SV Bass. Studio Bass is my preset name.

Signal chain goes Compressor -> SV Bass -> Cab

Comp Settings:
Threshold -24db, Ratio 10, Soft Knee, Attack 1ms, Release 10ms, Look Ahead 0ms, Filter 40hz, RMS mode, Mix 100% and level 5db

SV Bass Settings:
Input Drive 3, Bass 7, Mid 7, Treb 7, comp 0%, presence 1, depth 1, master vol 8, Bright On, level -12db

Cab Settings:
Pretty much a mix panned 0 and 0 of the red wirez cab for the SVT 810. SVT810-D112-CabEdge-1in and SVT810-TC30-Cap-1in

That is the basic patch I use and then some slight post processing.

I have a Ibanez SR505 for my 5 string... I also have a SR500 for my 4 string. Really great bass and not too expensive.

Sorry, yea, SV Bass. Studio Bass is my preset name.

Signal chain goes Compressor -> SV Bass -> Cab

Comp Settings:
Threshold -24db, Ratio 10, Soft Knee, Attack 1ms, Release 10ms, Look Ahead 0ms, Filter 40hz, RMS mode, Mix 100% and level 5db

SV Bass Settings:
Input Drive 3, Bass 7, Mid 7, Treb 7, comp 0%, presence 1, depth 1, master vol 8, Bright On, level -12db

Cab Settings:
Pretty much a mix panned 0 and 0 of the red wirez cab for the SVT 810. SVT810-D112-CabEdge-1in and SVT810-TC30-Cap-1in

That is the basic patch I use and then some slight post processing.

I have a Ibanez SR505 for my 5 string... I also have a SR500 for my 4 string. Really great bass and not too expensive.

great! I've also got the Redwirez SVT8x10 IR pack and have liked what I've heard from it. Thanks for sharing the info!

Back
Top Bottom