Fas modern bite!

Tonewicker

Inspired
its funny but i have a love/hate relationship with fas modern model. i really like the feel and the bite but at the same time its too fizzy for my taste :)
here is an another song with a playtrough video this time
ah and by the way dont let the blackstar amp behind me fool you we just couldnt bring the axe fx near me because it was mounted to a rack next room so all you will hear both bass and guitar is coming from axe fx.
hope you enjoy and please tell me what you think!

I was gonna say that's one of the best blackstar tone I have heard! lol Cable in the input and lights on and everything.;)

I like the music and playing. Good job. Drummer is so relaxed. I love it.

The guitar seems like it loses articulation due to not enough mids or something else, probably the bass and cymbals, stepping on those frequencies.
This happens during (what I'm guessing is) the chorus (1:00) and the bridge (1:59).
The bass also seems to disappear a little all through the tune. +Compressorz!!!
IMHO a little mix love will fix all that and hell, I could be totally wrong.
My 2 cents.

Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.

I was gonna say that's one of the best blackstar tone I have heard! lol Cable in the input and lights on and everything.;)
haha cable and light up the amp was the cameraman's idea just for messing with people but you can clearly see that there is no mic in front of cab :)

I like the music and playing. Good job. Drummer is so relaxed. I love it.

The guitar seems like it loses articulation due to not enough mids or something else, probably the bass and cymbals, stepping on those frequencies.
This happens during (what I'm guessing is) the chorus (1:00) and the bridge (1:59).
The bass also seems to disappear a little all through the tune. +Compressorz!!!
IMHO a little mix love will fix all that and hell, I could be totally wrong.
My 2 cents.

Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.
you are not wrong in fact im %100 agreeing you.
the thing is there little to none mix on the track (and no mastering at all) except drums because the song is not %100 at the moment. there may be few changes and originally its longer (the fade out at the end is actually a mid section) so thats why we didnt want to make a polished sound and keep the raw feel so there can be a difference between this and the released track in the future :)
yeah drummer is very relaxed and lack of metal feeling a little bit (to me at least) because he's coming from funk and only metal songs he played before this band is a few megadeth songs :)

thank you for your comments :)

Sounds excellent! Really like the tune.

Are the drums triggering samples (at least the kick)?

thanks!
the engineer used steven slate trigger on the kick track and a little bit to snare also.
Good ole Slate Drums....nice.

Steve mixed my band's record (he was living in Boston at the time and had a tiny studio in his apartment).
We used his drum samples at the time (this was before he was Steven Slate)...he's a great engineer.

Good ole Slate Drums....nice.

Steve mixed my band's record (he was living in Boston at the time and had a tiny studio in his apartment).
We used his drum samples at the time (this was before he was Steven Slate)...he's a great engineer.
ah really it must be really cool to work with him :) are you still in contact with him ?

ah really it must be really cool to work with him :) are you still in contact with him ?

I usually see him at NAMM, and I'll text him from time to time to ask for some software recommendations.

Back in those days he was in a band as well, and he's a good hard rock singer. Our bands used to gig together.
I still listen to his songs on my iPod quite a bit because they're good gym material.

Back
Top Bottom