FAS Modern & 5150 tones, completed songs

Arbiter

I'm pretty proud of this one... finished version of a song I started writing three years ago. lots of odd time signature grooving, atmospheric solo
What Was Green Jan27 by Cody Templeton on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
Suhr Modern Carved Top w/stock SSH+ humbucker. mahogany body, vulcanized maple neck, ebony FB. blended in a COW 7 string here and there too.

this one is FAS Modern on the guitars. same patch on the bass with slightly less gain, blended with a clean DI track as well.
The Watcher Intervenes by Cody Templeton on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
Jackson COW 7 string w/Seymour Duncan Blackout Neck pickup in it. bass is a cheap ESP/LTD forest 5 string. FM-105 maybe?

Superior 2 on drums with a sample replaced kick and one cymbal from Metal Foundry.

let me know what you think. would you call this stuff djent?

Last edited:
The watcher intervenes went a bit uninteresting on me as I found the mix a bit "busy" in lack of better term for it.

The "What Was Green Jan27" however! I dig it! Like it! It rocks! The riff is so brutal! I can' stop using "!!!!"'s

Intro riff sounds a bit too gainy for me, more beef would be cool, clarity. When it really starts it sounds sooooo good!

The synth takes care of the deeper mistness to it. Perfect, just a hint of synth to add "mistness".

Kickass asskicking kick! Very good kick. I like the kick, oh and yeah the kick is good.

The snare sounds awesome but I find it a bit too much in the background, it could be because I find it so goodsounding, the reverb on it fits very well.

Maybe it could just need a tad more top to it. The guitarsound rocks for the riff and singlenote stuff but it feels a bit too gainy, for me, with chords,

with the thump-roughness in mind.

I like this very much! :twisted

I get these kind of vibes from it:

indy09.gif
Gilr-on-a-Scooter-Being-Chased-by-a-Dinosaur-----70849.jpg

matrix-reloaded-the-matrix-18669759-650-280.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds awesome, I really like the mix in What Was Green, and the groove is real tight. If you could upload the patch for that track, that would be awesome man!

Yeah the presets sound truly killer, if you could share them man that would be great !!!!!!
especially the fas modern!

Last edited:
They sound great too me! I actually really like "the watcher intervenes".... maybe it did go on a little long however when/if you put vocals on it people will probably think it's too short! LOL! It's amazing what vocals do to a track. The ONLY thing that I would say is at 1.30 the playing seemed to slip a little... fix that TINY thing and it will be EVEN more killer! Well done dude!

sorry for taking so long guys! been awhile since I checked this forum, didn't realize this kept getting bumped :)

attached are both presets.
FAS Modern is "The Watcher Intervenes" preset. on that I used a Jackson COW 7 string (mahog body, neck, ebony FB) with Seymour Duncan Blackout Neck pickup. double tracked panned hard left/right
Suhr 515 is "What Was Green" preset. on that I used a custom Suhr Modern, carved mahog body, mahog neck, ebony FB, with the stock Suhr pickups. quadruple tracked, hard left and right, then two more tracks 80/80 l-r with equal level

Also worth noting - I used an Ownhammer Mesa Rectifier 4x12 cab impulse for these! the stock Mesa cab sounds really good still, but the Ownhammer cab is what puts it over the top imo

here is a new version of The Watcher Intervenes, with a different tone, updated mix, and some vocals! just a clip of the end of the song... and now re-named "The Host" haha. this one uses a 5150 tone instead of FAS Modern

The Host w/Vox - short clip by Cody Templeton

Attachments

• Suhr 5150.syx
    2 KB · Views: 40
  • FAS Modern Recording.syx
    2 KB · Views: 41
Back
Top Bottom