FAS Modelling Guitar ala Variax?

Ant Music

Fractal Fanatic
i'm getting some good use out of my JTV Variax (which is pretty cool I might add) but I am wondering if there is any inclination for FAS to produce an equivalent product? I'm sure FAS could do better than the Line6 one with wireless switching and scenes compatibility.

I could imagine them teaming up with Suhr or someone like that to make some seriously kick arse guitars.

Who knows?

Actaully that's a good idea. I'd personally prefer something that is elegant and good looking (like the JTV) without having mountings on the guitar. But I think there are merits to both approaches.

Don't think that this is going to happen. I agree with Zwiebelchen better to buy a separate tool for guitar modelling and for advanced guitar synth stuff. The Axe is 'limited' to amp and effects modelling.

Don't think that this is going to happen. I agree with Zwiebelchen better to buy a separate tool for guitar modelling and for advanced guitar synth stuff. The Axe is 'limited' to amp and effects modelling.

I'm not at all suggesting using the Axe Fx for guitar modelling. The Axe Fx is busy enough doing what it's doing already

I'm wondering if FAS might produce a guitar similar to the Line 6 Variax or as has been suggested a stand alone guitar modelling unit that could take a 13 pin ghost bridge thingy.

Like the the idea but think FAS concentrates on modelling. At least for now. Agree with you Axe is busy enough for amp and effects modelling.

I think that they would kick asses with that, given how far they´ve got with amp modelling. Many years ago someone posted an similar question but more towards if we (customers) will ever have an hexaphonic input (think it was even before the AxeII was released), Cliff then responded: maybe in the future.

Maybe that future isn´t such far away any more, or maybe Cliff/FAS abandoned the whole idea and it´ll never come instead. I guess we´ll all see... eventually.
I can see the pitfalls with it though, and I think that also is partly why they´re not interested in having the synth/pitch voices midi controllable via NN#s (or maybe THAT is an clue of what they might be cooking).

I think with piezo pick-ups wider frequency range, and being more common these days, that a pick-up modeling block (based on piezo) is easily possible to add to the axe. This is basically what the variax does, I know we couldn't have alternate tunings, but acoustics and different pick-ups would be awesome. Cliff?

If FAS did a Variax (I have a JTV-69) then I'll guarantee it would kick the ass if the Line6 one into oblivion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unlike FAS who are stupidly good at developing their product, Line6 are too interested in coming up with a new amp that looks like a wall heater that can be remotely operated from a cat sitting on your sofa at home, using paw touch on a iPad, over your home network then transmitted via 3G dongle to the back of your amp at the gig. It'll sound crap, but appeal to kids who will think it's "awesome"!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, There are users out there with JTV's..

I would be very interested to hear from anyone who uses them with the FX II.

I have a JTV-89 & obviously you can use them with the battery to get the array of guitar simulations. So...
Do any of you use these sims with the FX II?
How do they sound?
Are you connecting them in any specific way?
Has anyone figured any cleaver ways to use them with the FX II?

I like this thread, gets you thinking.

:ugeek

So, There are users out there with JTV's..

I would be very interested to hear from anyone who uses them with the FX II.

I have a JTV-89 & obviously you can use them with the battery to get the array of guitar simulations. So...
Do any of you use these sims with the FX II?
How do they sound?
Are you connecting them in any specific way?
Has anyone figured any cleaver ways to use them with the FX II?

I like this thread, gets you thinking.

:ugeek

I've had My JTV69 for about 5 months now and I've only started to get stuck into seeing what it can do. I'd love to know if It's possible to make a little bluetooth receiver and send Variax changes via a laptop or something. Perhaps we should start a JTV Axe Fx thread?

I use a 69 and a 59P for the cover band I'm in, guitar tunings range from standard, 1/2 step down, drop D, drop Db, to one step down.

I also use the guitar models & "built" my own custom firebird through the software.

The pluses: no interference with stage lights or AM radio stations, sounds authentic enough for a live gig.

The negatives: I can sometimes hear pitch artifacts, palm muting could be better, have to charge a battery.

You could use a HD POD with a VDI cable to force change the model & tuning from the POD, then use the guitar out to the Axe.

I have a jtv 59, use a hd500 just to power the jtv.
Works well with axe fx, I like to dail in open tuning and dobro setting and play slide through the axe fx.
Would love for FAS to get into guitar modeling.
I also have a roland vg99 and the old vg8 ,the modeling hasn't changed much for last 12 years.
Roland and line 6 make very little improvement after a product comes to market.

Hmmm, Axe FX II XL mk2, with builtin wireless, connected to a Fractal modelled guitar. Fractal modelling kits sold to companies like Suhr, PRS and anyone else who wants for integration, and retrofit kits for existing guitars…. Dreaming…. Would buy instantly.

I think that Line 6 definitely is on the right path with their dream rig, where a preset on the Pod HD500 can select guitar model on a Variax. If we could get this but with Fractal quality would be awesome. And if we could get it with builtin wireless connectivity (there will likely need to be batteries in the guitar anyway) would be fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom